Spam PMs on this Forum?

CoriSCapnSkip

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2008
Have any other forum members received spam PMs? Here is the content of mine:

Hello,
My name is mercy i saw your profile here quantumleap-alsplace.comtoday and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more and estabilish a relationship that is bassed on truth and trust with you i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address mercykarume@yahoo.com
I am waiting for your mail to my email address above please i have something very very important i will like to tell you.I believe we can start from here!
Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life.
mercy.... mercykarume@yahoo.com

Maybe you all got them and aren't back from the con yet!

Weird. And annoying. haven't gotten one myself.
i wonder how they pick the people they send it to.
And who in the blazes did it.
:(

I mean it could be meant in a funny way, but it's still annoying.

FIXED.

A permission was set incorrectly. Now the only people who can send PMs are Registered Users who have confirmed that they are real people. ;)

As soon as I saw this, I hit the button that deletes any PMs out of the system that the spammer sent. Sorry that a few folks did get it before I could do so.

I have a notification of a new PM, but I have no new PM. Could it be that the PM was eliminated before I could clear the notification? Is there any way to clear the notification?

The PMs were deleted before anyone got them. If the notification won't go away, I can look into it.

I've tried, but I can't make it go away. Don't make it a huge priority. It's just a minor annoyance, but if you can look into it whenever you get a chance, I'd appreciate it! :)