Quantum Dreams

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
Since I am returning to the fandom after a long absence it's been literally years since I have had a Quantum Leap dream.

This wasn't too much of one but I found a certain point in it intriguing.
I was very into the novel series much as I currently am in reality. Though there were a lot more of them in existence and some single stories were split into more than one novel. For example, I had finished one novel where the ending basically cut off thus I needed the next to finish it. The continuation was strangely titled 'Mun' or maybe it was 'Mum' (Even my best dreams must still contain weirdness), either way I had mistakenly thought it 'Nun' at first and interestingly there had been a picture of a nun character on the cover with Sam and Al. I can not recall for certain but I believe the story line contained a murder.

While in the library I was hunting down more of them to read. At first it didn't seem like there were many. I had found myself desperately searching this shelf containing one Quantum Leap novel which I had already read but mostly those of other fandoms such as 'Lord of the Rings'. Eventually I came to a box full of them which is fascinating seeing as in reality my best friend had searched more than one Library's website, including our most local, for them and came up blank.

I had picked out a pile of them, one story line I can remember reading from a back cover is Sam leaping into a father of a little girl who was being sexually abused by her teacher. Alright, so it wasn't clear who the leapee was but the father makes sense. I awoke as I was bringing my chosen pile of QL novels to the counter.
I almost want to work with this but I already have a fanfic I need to be working on. My mind can be quite the pest in that way, not typically through my dreams however which makes the idea all the more fascinating.

In conclusion this shall be a thread for discussing any Quantum Leap related dreams we have.

Dreams

Well, very early into the show, when I first moved to Cleveland, I was living in a very terrible enviornment. Why I moved here? A fan type household, my Mom not needing me so close to home and really needing to find a good job somewhere outside of the northwest. The place I lived in turned out to be a nightmare. It was a big house, full of fans, I was one of 2 people with a job, my checks were stolen, my computer broke, just a mess. I had nowhere to go, little money to go on, as I was somehow supporting this mess, and I just fell down on the bed in my room and wept. My little cat, Hopi, was snuggled up to me doing her very best to help. I know I fell asleep crying and then I had this dream.
Sam was sitting on the bed next to Hopi, Al standing right next to us. Sam asked,"Al, is she going to be all right?" Al replied, "She'll be ok, Sam, she will be JUST fine." Then I woke up. If it felt real, I can still feel the tingle of some lovely, optimistic feeling and do you know that within a week, I had met my best friend (who I still live with here in Cleveland) on the clevelandfreenet (which is long gone). She posted a note with her phone number, imagine that, wanting to find someone who loved QL. That night we spoke for 10 hours. That is NO exaggeration and we are still living together and still best friends. It goes to show that whether they are 'real' or not, Sam and Al leaped into my life and got me through a very rough patch. I love this thread -- sorry my message is so long.

That sounds like an amazing dream.
Reminds me of the dream I had exactly a month following my father passing away in October of 2005. Sam and I were together as a couple and there was a whole story to the dream but the portion which was my favorite was when during a discussion my father's passing came up and I begun to cry. He tenderly took me in his arms and kissed me.
It was truly an amazing dream.
The rest of the dream dealt with me in college doing a Quantum Leap themed project with a group in some class but I was the only one doing the work for the most part.

Okay, ever since I got back in to QL a year ago, I've had Scott Bakula dreams off and on. So I started a dream journal. Here's one of my favorites:

5/2/13
Okay, so my dream... I finally had a QL dream last night! It was a QL/Castle crossover, probably because Castle's partner is Det. Kate Beckett. ;) Have you ever seen the show? Sam Leaped into Castle and Jonathan (a character from my QL fan fiction) was his hologram. I was seeing the dream through Jonathan's eyes. Sam and Kate were trying to solve the clues leading to this woman's disappearance outside of a NYC diner. They were tracking where they thought she had walked when her attacker started chasing her. The woman had some sort of physical disability on top of that, which made it easier for her attacker to catch her. Jonathan was helping Sam, telling him where to look. They found something that she had dropped and then found scattered money where they figured she must've been saying, "Here, take my money, just let me go."

I, as Jonathan, suggested they look down this alley. There were rats and mice and it was dark. At this point, they seemed to be using my dog, Indiana Bones to help them track, but Indy saw a cat at the end of the alley, and chased after it. When they got to the end of the alley, I said, "Uh oh, dead end" and had a really bad feeling about it. It was then that they stumbled upon a drug deal going down through an open door of a warehouse that opened into the alley. The drug dealers saw Sam and Kate and started shooting. Sam got shot in the leg. Kate pushed him behind a dumpster and started shooting back. Ziggy was telling me they weren't going to survive this. I had to do something to change the outcome myself.

I have them Leap me into Kate. The drug dealers had driven us into another abandoned warehouse. The shooting had stopped, but Sam was bleeding and couldn't walk without support. And the drug dealers were still out there searching for us. Al served as our hologram and acted as a lookout to find us a safe escape. I helped patch Sam up as best I could and then had him lean on me for support while we followed Al. I kept apologizing to Sam, saying it was all my fault. If I hadn't suggested they check the alley, none of this would have happened. Sam, even in his weakened state, of course was telling me everything was going to be okay and to not blame myself and that if it hadn't been for me, they would have never uncovered the drug dealers.

Al was finding a pretty clear path for us to move forward, but we didn't notice that one of the drug dealers was sneaking up behind us. Until we heard a noise. We turned and the guy started shooting. We ducked behind some crates and then began sneaking our way back they way we had come, only shooting as cover fire. We made it back to the alley. I saw two guys with semi automatic weapons. They turned and pointed them at us. It was then that I noticed the large propane tank near the entrance to their warehouse behind them. The one man lit his cigarette, dropped the match. I took the shot before they shot us. There was an explosion that knocked them and us, off our feet, but they were closer and rendered unconscious. The explosion set the warehouse on fire. It was then that dozens of police cars showed up and then the fire trucks. Sam was treated, we were heroes, and that was the end. :D

Then when I was in the shower today, I was listening to Pig Island and thinking about when he recorded that. Then it hit me with a start. I had also had a dream where Scott had announced he was going to make an album and wanted suggestions of what to include in it. Of course, my friend Jessie and I were ecstatic! But that was all for that one, that I can recall...

Damn even my best dreams don't have amazing stories like that.
I have only seen one or two episodes of Castle, my mother is a fan. It's actually quite interesting.

Damn even my best dreams don't have amazing stories like that.
I have only seen one or two episodes of Castle, my mother is a fan. It's actually quite interesting.

Most of my dreams are pretty short (at least they appear short because I don't remember them all). But once in a while, I wake up from one like that... and it's aweeeesome! :D

They're usually shorter, like this:

2/13/13
Oh yeah, my dream last night. It was sort of Enterprise themed, except he was Sam... Or maybe it was Sam who Leaped into Archer. That might have been it, now that I think about it. Anyway, there was this benevolent race of aliens that lived on Earth helping us out. Most people on Earth did not know they even existed because they used some sort of bio-camouflage to look like us. Another race of aliens were trying to hurt our planet and the good aliens. One of the bad aliens shot one of the good ones. Sam and I took him to a safe place so he could recover. His camouflage was failing because he was injured. He had to be healthy for his camo to work. We couldn't take him to a human hospital, so Sam was trying to treat him while we waited for the alien's people to arrive. The alien told Sam/Archer that he knew that he also was not all that he seemed. Sam was surprised at that revelation. It was kinda neat. Darn, the race of aliens had a name, but I can't remember it. I'm pretty sure it was the Atolli? Sounds Star Treky, but I don't think that exact name exists in that universe.

Same, a lot of mine can be short or in the case of the only other Quantum Leap dream I kept a record of in my dream journal, Quantum Leap's role in the dream was short and actually didn't happen until nearly the end.

Apparently I couldn't remember the date even when I recorded it but it involved oddly enough my aunt and I as agents investigating a murder. We were tailing these two suspects and were required to search their house for evidence.

To get in I had to get past these kids playing some game where this one playing a guard needed to be given a pile of leaves to allow passage. So I played along and after getting unseen past the suspects themselves searched as much of the house as possible and came up blank.

My aunt had been assigned to another part of the house but met up with me and instructed me to check out a certain room I had bypassed. I ended up finding a gun which I seemed to have recognized and picked it up with a cloth to take it to my aunt.
Unable to find her I was heading passed this staircase to check another room and the two suspects appeared. Suddenly Sam was there hiding behind the staircase with me. He started shushing me while I was panicking about being caught with the gun and accused of the murder. Al was out in the open while Sam held me and whispered:
"It's going to be ok."
Al then said:
"Hide the gun! You gotta hide the gun so they don't know you have it!"
My assumption is that Sam must have been sitting cross legged because I remember hiding it between his legs.
The dream continued a small bit longer but Sam and Al were gone after this.

After all of the Quantum Leap discussion I've been engaging on this forum right before bed, I woke up with a start this morning when I realized, "I had a Quantum Leap dream!"... and then I promptly forgot it. I was excited because it's been a while since I've had one, but in that instant it completely erased from my mind and I haven't been able to recall it since. The only part I remember was chatting with SamBeckettFan about the dream on here afterwards ;) , but I don't remember the dream at all. The funny thing was when I logged off last night after posting for several hours, I said to myself, "If this doesn't give me a Quantum Leap dream, I don't know what will." :D I was singing Papa's Angels in my sleep and there was something about a box. That's it. Darn it all! :disbelief

That reminds me Wakkanne, that's another film of Scott's I have seen 'Papa's Angels'. A tragic but very heart warming film. I can't believe I completely forgot about that one.

Part of the dream I woke up from about an hour ago featured Sam and Al, it was both weird which is typical of my dreams and adorable.

Sam had leaped into some dude who worked in a department store, a name was never dropped. It was or perhaps my memory just is in fractures that don't seem to fit together smoothly. Somehow Sam was either wondering what he needed to do or why he hadn't yet leaped. Al must have brought up the subject because as a viewer I had commented amusingly aloud "Maybe he's there to get you a new shirt Al."
Al had been wearing a plaid shirt with a blend of soft blue and green, something you'd actually typically see on my grandfather over some long sleeved shirt that I wanna say was a pajama shirt. All I know was that it didn't go together, that they were two very different kinds of shirts and it was very different for Al.

Sam then had some kind of conversation with a female co-worker whom I am unsure was the leapee's crush mind melded into him or his own and I can remember no dialogue just that she'd walked away leaving Sam pretty heavily under her spell. He had this dreamy, boyish grin across his face and was barely listening as Al suddenly informed him that he had been suggested for evaluation for being seen talking to himself(Al).
He'd just sighed:
"Uh huh."
Somehow the 'twitterpated' spell Sam was under had taken his consciousness and I carried him tenderly to the evaluation room, set him down in a chair and gently patted his cheek as I called his name(his real name, Sam) trying to wake him.
He was just coming out of it when I woke up and smelled bacon.
There might have been a scene while I was waking where Ziggy had come up with all of the leapee's original answers to the written evaluation and Al was telling Sam to let him feed it to him but that also could have been my imagination. It's difficult to tell in that Delta like state of sleep. My imagination can also be just as strange and senseless when I'm only half awake as when I am in a dream.

Last edited:
i remember when i saw the ep when sam lept into a monkey:lol i liked it so much and it has become my fav ep of the season.anyhow one night i ate too much pizza and i saw in my dream,,, that i was al and i was talking to the monkey sam lept in but i didnt see sam but the monkey:lol
and i was sayin to sam <monkey> dont worry we are gonna do whatever it takes to get you out of here
and sam said oh please i cant this anymore i wanna go home
and i was saying dont worry we are gonna leap you soon
and suddenly the monkey started to change and it was getting bigger and bigger and sam was sayin
WHATs HAPPENING TO ME????
and i said OH MY GOD SAM AL THE BARTENDER TURNS YOU IN TO A GORRILA
AND he said how is that possible i am A MONKEY
and i said well dont ask me ask her
and sam said who is her
THE ONE WHO WROTE THE EPISODE DEBORAH :lol:lol
and i woke up. dude i never ate pizza again:cheers

who cares what it was.in the dream it was the monkey lol and it must be the pizza.this dream was idiotic lol

Alright so last night my dream featured some of the characters from Another Mother. There was nothing resembling a plot, just random moments that didn't much fit together.

Sam had leaped into some older dude who resembled Santa Claus who lived someone in a trailer near the Bruckner family several years after Another Mother. Teresa was 13 years old and being played by one of the Olsen twins. Ironic considering I'd learned not along ago that the Bellisarios had lived across the street from the Olsen twins at the time Troian had appeared as Teresa and that she'd been friends with them.

Anyway every event was random and unattached to each other. There was one moment when Teresa sat on Sam/Santa Dude's lap and then Susan told her not to trust him or something to the effect but she'd thought something was familiar about him.

Then at another point I had told someone "Don't worry I think she's told old now" (to see Sam or Al).

That's about all I remember.

No idea if the leapee dude was a pedophile, I don't recall getting a clear view of his face and it was Sam not myself who leapt into him.
My dreams are just weird. Even in my best ones, there's still gonna be an element of weirdness. XD

I had a Quantum Leap dream recently. I vividly remember it. I was Sam, and I had leapt into Jimmy for a third time. It would have been about a decade after the events of Deliver Us From Evil. Frank, Jimmy and Corey have become car enthusiasts, but Corey (now in his late teens/early 20s) has gotten involved in the wrong crowd and would end up dead from a drag race. Corey wouldn't listen to reason, so I ended up racing for him - believing that the crowd would show their true colours if they get beaten by a "retard".

So in short, it was like a mixture of Jimmy, Camikazi Kid, Return of the Evil Leaper, and some general weirdness that comes with a dream &#55357;&#56860;