Ratings Compilation Document (Updated weekly, sometimes more)

The viewing figures have been falling since EP02 and have stayed within the 2.2 - 2.7million bracket.

Naturally there's been a jump when returning from hiatus i.e Fall finale but whats alarming is the drop last week of only 1.75 mn viewers which was a drop of 24%. It will undoubtedly bounce back again when it returns with EP11 on January 30th.

Live+7 figures can be a little misleading, yes we all lead busy lives and competition for audiences is fierce so the catch-up service keeps the networks happy I guess lol.

However a brand name like QL with recognition should be pulling in 3-4 million consistently on initial viewing.

I think the numbers are respectable for a show with a niche audience. Personally I’ve felt it’s been struggling to find its heart. Scott and Dean’s chemistry was catching lightning in a bottle. These most recent episodes have felt more like OG QL to me. (I’ve been introducing my 13-year old to it, we watch both shows—new one when it airs, so we have a fairly direct comparison going.) Numbers on Monday nights are always going to suffer against MNF, that’s just how it’s going to be. (I’d be watching my team and catching QL later myself.) I’m glad to see the show starting to get its feet under it, and I’m not worried about the ratings. As has been said elsewhere, it’s rocking ratings on Peacock streaming. They are looking at everything at NBC.

Thanks for sharing that, Joy!

I really wish they would report streaming numbers for shows and recognize that a lot of people may even need to wait a few days to watch.

Another episode down with only 1.75mn viewers for EP12 a drop of -17% but also another annoying hiatus of 2 weeks before returning 20th Feb.

How is this show going to build up momentum with constant interuptions?.

The ratings have been very slow to release this half of the broadcast season. We don't even have Live+3 numbers for last week's episode. It took forever just for the national finals to show up for this week. There are least three sites that I check constantly for updates, and they're all behind.

EDIT: Also, I hate to say it, but the topic of this week's episode may be a huge factor in how many people watched Live. There are plenty who hate-watch, but there are many who will just skip it altogether, even with the promise of learning more about the overarching season plot.

The ratings have been very slow to release this half of the broadcast season. We don't even have Live+3 numbers for last week's episode. It took forever just for the national finals to show up for this week. There are least three sites that I check constantly for updates, and they're all behind.

EDIT: Also, I hate to say it, but the topic of this week's episode may be a huge factor in how many people watched Live. There are plenty who hate-watch, but there are many who will just skip it altogether, even with the promise of learning more about the overarching season plot.

It's natural for people to switch off when the subject matter of the plot overrides the episode itself. We get it, transphobia and gender politics is one the biggest modern talking points but "Let them play" seemed more like a moral crusade docu rather than a sci-fi based episode.

I must have watched EP.11 leap.die repeat at least 5 times last week because it was an innovative take on the time leap concept but EP.12 i'll probably never watch again.

This was always going to be a predictable drop in audience

Quantum Leap isn't a sci-fi series. It's a topical anthology with the veneer of sci-fi. (okay, so QL22 leans a bit more into the sci-fi side, but the heart of the show is still the same: tell the stories of every day people and what kind of struggles they're facing)

Do you view "The Color of Truth," "What Price, Gloria?", "Raped," "Running For Honor," etc to be "more like a moral crusade"? Because "Let Them Play" was quite possibly the most OG-like of all the episodes so far. It was about lifting up an oppressed, persecuted minority and give them the message, "YOU ARE WORTHY." Trans rights are human rights.

Quantum Leap isn't a sci-fi series. It's a topical anthology with the veneer of sci-fi. (okay, so QL22 leans a bit more into the sci-fi side, but the heart of the show is still the same: tell the stories of every day people and what kind of struggles they're facing)

QL 22 is definitively a sci-fi series with a side note of social issue themes, an exact opposite of OG QL. If it's not software code this Time Loops that or Leapees memory of a leap the social message tends to take a back seat in most episodes.

Do you view "The Color of Truth," "What Price, Gloria?", "Raped," "Running For Honor," etc to be "more like a moral crusade"? Because "Let Them Play" was quite possibly the most OG-like of all the episodes so far. It was about lifting up an oppressed, persecuted minority and give them the message, "YOU ARE WORTHY." Trans rights are human rights.

The topic of Trans rights is a minefield and a very new one, not something that can be said about racism sexism or homophobia whose struggles existed far longer even when OG QL first aired. Trans rights may be a human right for those persecuted but I don't enjoy it being peddled and even pitched as an alternative lifestyle for those who do not believe in it or even have an interest in it, but that's my own personal view while also believing they should have a voice in their struggle. The episode came across "preachy" and even then i dont think it was potrayed very well. But yes it was a very OG QL type episode.