Greetings from Germany!

Namaste

Project QL Intern
Aug 3, 2006
Germany
I don't know if there area any QL fans in these parts from Germany, or perhaps I might be the first.

My given name is Yvette, I'm 35, so when the show was first on, I couldn't really get into it until the DVD releases. The reason, when it originally aired, I was in college with no TV in my apartment.

In order to catch myself up, I've had to do a lot of online shopping as opposed to going into the shops here. The only season that has been released was season one and I bought it while on vacation. I literally watched the entire season on my laptop during those two weeks. :p When I got back home, I searched Ebay and Amazon for the other three seasons. I had to import all of them from England or North America, but managed to get the episodes and started watching. Since all of this began to happen about a month ago, I have only been able to watch seasons 4 and 2, and season 3 has yet to be watched (that was the order I received them). My favorite episode thus far is probably 'Another Mother'. :hurray:

So that's it, my small introduction here. I look forward to my time here on this forum. :D

Willkommen

I'm sure I probably spelt that wrong, since I have never studied German.

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit

I'm sure you'll love it here as much as I do.

We have fans from all around the world, we are just one world wide Quantum Leap family here.

Sit a spell, first Rodbeer is on me.

Welcome to the board! It's always great to hear from international fans; it makes you realize just how widespread the fandom really is.

I saw your other posting, that's so cool that QL has appealed to so many people from so many different places. :)

I really love this forum, I think it's going to be my new and latest long lasting addiction.

hey welcome, i like ur signature! looks cool, did you make that? (was quite tempted to write that in german but it's been a year and a half since i studied it and i totaly forgotten the grammar...)

anyway, yeah - cool - enjoy al's place.

TessCrazy said:
i like ur signature! looks cool, did you make that?
Yes, the signature was made by me. I play around with graphics now and again, and have considered making a few more from my favorite QL episodes.

I am enjoying myself thoroughly here, and today is my first day posting. It's such a fun forum, and everyone is so nice. :hurray:

Yes, the signature was made by me. I play around with graphics now and again, and have considered making a few more from my favorite QL episodes.
yep im the same, i made my own website (www.tess.beightons.net) and im a bit of a photoshop geek lol, but im not very good at taking captions from the dvds ... but ill get the hang of it i think... i've managed to recreate the QL logo using photoshop - just for fun's sake

TessCrazy said:
im a bit of a photoshop geek lol, but im not very good at taking captions from the dvds ...

I actually don't use Photoshop, my favorite program is Ulead Photo Impact. I started with their express program some years ago, and then kept upgrading to Photo Impact XL. I don't agree with paying a lot of money for the upgrades, so I buy them when the prices are cheaper on them.

I can't do screen caps on the episodes at all, I have to borrow pictures that are posted online and there are plenty to choose from. I wish I could do screen captures, but I don't have the ability to do that at present.

I just want to thank all of you for such a warm welcome here. I really feel great being able to finally take part in this forum.

Same here, it's a great forum and so friendly. Enjoy your time here and it's nice to see how far reached the QL fandom is!

I'm sure that everyone at Al's Place says: 'Cheers!'

Instead of starting a new thread anywhere, I just wanted to say 'bye' for the next two weeks. I'll be leaving in the morning for Rome, Italy, where my husband and I will be on holiday. I'll return on around the 1st of September.

I am not disappearing so soon after coming to this forum, but I did want to let everyone know how much I appreciate the warm welcome, the kind words, and didn't want to just vanish. ;)

So, we shall soon see just how good my Italian lessons paid off. :)

Ciau!

I've not yet said hello (I'm horrible at keeping up with this intro forum), but speaking with you on the chat Con yesterday jogged my mind and I just had to rush over here and not only enthusiastically welcome you to Al's Place--

WELCOME TO AL'S PLACE! *waves*

--but also to venture the question..... Are you a JABB member?

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

As I said in the other thread. Yes. :) I don't want anyone here to think I'm rude for not responding. :D I remember seeing you at the touched website, and never really 'comprehended' your handle until coming here and seeing you here.

I'm glad that we're both here, and that we can also see each other on JABB as well as here.