A left field question!

angvee

Project QL Intern
Aug 7, 2011
Australia
www.turboimagehost.com
This may be viewed as a "from left field" question but I'll ask anyways being someone whom normally the mind wanders.

If there was anything about Quantum Leap you wanted to see changed, what would it be and why?

By that I mean absolutely anything. Something you may have seen and thought well, if that happened it would have been interesting. Or perhaps you would like myself and thought, hey I would have loved to see Sam return home!

And I stress - IF!

:)

I wanted Sam to return home at the end, to be with his wife and child.

I would have liked to see them spell his name correctly in the ending - that's something that should have been corrected immediately.

I would have preffered if the show did not end...

Agreed.

Also, perhaps more foreshadowing or plot context relating to the Evil Leapers. I know that this may have been followed-up on if the series had not ended, but it seemed a trifle out-of-the-blue that they appeared when they did. Hence, I would have much preferred that there was more time dedicated not just to a love relationship between Sam and Alia, but an actual story line that would have more logically explained their presence.

Actually thank you for the very interesting points here.

I have made some fan videos I will post on youtube soon.

Where I chat about what I feel about the show. What I would like to have seen happen.

Character dimension is one thing for me.

Which is what has been bought up.

I would have liked to see Sam's home life. How was Sam like at work? At home? Who was his family? Who was Al's family? Who were the evil leapers and how was their work place like?

Who was it controlling Sam's leaps? Would we have ever found out? What is the character dimension behind the controller?

Agreed.

Also, perhaps more foreshadowing or plot context relating to the Evil Leapers. I know that this may have been followed-up on if the series had not ended, but it seemed a trifle out-of-the-blue that they appeared when they did. Hence, I would have much preferred that there was more time dedicated not just to a love relationship between Sam and Alia, but an actual story line that would have more logically explained their presence.

I think Sam had a few very close love affairs during the seasons, I'm thinking Abigail Fuller from trilogy, Tamlyn the psychic and even Alia he had a thing with unless he was playing her to leap out of that circumstance. It was never expanded on what his wife Donna Elisee felt about these intense love affairs, it was merely touched upon in The Leap Back episode.

I would have also liked to have seen a backstory to the Evil leapers, now that that we have a series reboot we can maybe see their real origin, being 30 years since QL ended and 22 years since the QL timeline ended it would be appropriate for them to have even founded in year 2022 in the present day with glimpses of Alia and Zoe popping up in this new season reboot.