Top 25 Best Episodes of Quantum Leap

"I can understand that view Leonni, but Sorry I feel the whole thing was "what the hell where they thinking!". bleh!"

I guess my idea is that if they were going ot plan a trilogy when he falls for a woman that it would have to be a believable woman. Abigail is such an irritating, whiny, needy character. I just think that Donna is such a better match for Sam. If they wanted to explore the idea of he falling on love with someone it should have been someone who was actually a good match for Sam, not some whiny annoying character. Plus they should have delayed the lovemaking until he at least got to know and fall in love with the character as an adult. Otherwise it's just disgusting to me.

I love Donna, shes the only one for Sam in my opinion, it wasn't just abigale (although most of it was), it was also the idea of him having sex with someone on a leap, its just not right cuz hes not himself. He needs to be with someone *cough*donna*cough* that makes love to Sam not a mask.

leonni said:
"I can understand that view Leonni, but Sorry I feel the whole thing was "what the hell where they thinking!". bleh!"

I guess my idea is that if they were going ot plan a trilogy when he falls for a woman that it would have to be a believable woman. Abigail is such an irritating, whiny, needy character. I just think that Donna is such a better match for Sam. If they wanted to explore the idea of he falling on love with someone it should have been someone who was actually a good match for Sam, not some whiny annoying character. Plus they should have delayed the lovemaking until he at least got to know and fall in love with the character as an adult. Otherwise it's just disgusting to me.

I can totally understand why (mainly) women can't believe this. It is a pity however that people let those kind of things get in the way of enjoying brilliant writing and acting.

2.jpg
4.jpg
14.jpg

TEMPTATION EYES

Ah, what a sweet episode. Apart from the whole killings and stuff. As I am a fan of murder mysteries, this episode certainly delivered. Well, and it had Tamlyn Tomita........with long straight hair! Damn, this is kind of shallow, but that is reason alone to place it in any top 10.
Great acting by all the principal actors. Though I do wonder why Tamlyn doesn't get any flack (amongst female fans) for not being Donna? Anyways, the best romantic episode of the whole series.

Grimlock said:
I can totally understand why (mainly) women can't believe this. It is a pity however that people let those kind of things get in the way of enjoying brilliant writing and acting.

I have already acknowldged that the episodes themselves deal with great stories. I don't however, think it was neccessary to sexualize it and make Sam romantically involved. To me it was very contrived, and little thought was put forward to the idea of who Sam would actually fall in love with. I don't see what the attraction would be for Sam. Based on the idea of who he fell in love with outside of leaping, it was based on among other things intellect etc. Abigail displayed no qualities which would make me believe Sam could love her. I would buy that he would want to protect her, but love her?

To me the "love story" took what was a good set of episodes and made them unneccessarily melodramatic.

leonni said:
Abigail displayed no qualities which would make me believe Sam could love her. I would buy that he would want to protect her, but love her?

Beautifully said, I couldn't agree more. Plus there was the whole thing with Abligale having a family curse or whatever, and the whole town after her and treating her like a victum of the Salem Witch trails. I found that to be rubbish and totally unrealistic, and the main reason that I find the trilogies to be more of a bad fanfic as opposed to part of the show.

1.jpg
12.jpg
17.jpg

BLACK ON WHITE ON FIRE

Fire walk with me...........sorry, wrong show. Anyways, this is probably the most dramatic episode of the whole series. Dark and grim, but dealing with real issues which still hold significance today. Perhaps I bit too dark for some people, but I like my coffee black (well, that's not literally true, but...). Society was the real bad guy in this episode.

P.S. Only two episodes left. Be prepared for the two most 'haunting' episodes (imho) of the series.

1.jpg
3.jpg
8.jpg

GOOD NIGHT, DEAR HEART

A story without a genuine bad guy, but one in which the tragic of everyday life is beautifully captured. Also, bringing in the war element makes for a very haunting and tearful episode. We see a defeated Sam who tries to perform (symbolic) CPR on a corpse. Did he fail? Is that what the haunting of a dead girl tries to tell him? The only episode (well, apart from my number one, I think) that begins with death and ends with death. Oh, and by far the best ending (the last scene) to any Quantum Leap episode.

2.jpg
11.jpg
24.jpg

TRILOGY PART I: ONE LITTLE HEART

Shivers down my spine. Come again? Yes, that was my reaction upon watching this episode for the first time (almost 12 years ago). This episode just pushed all the right buttons for me. The writing, acting and directing (that black & white scene is just inspired) in this episode all seem to click. The characters all feel very real to me and you care about them (in a good way or bad way).

Leta Aider is something which Quantum Leap never really touched upon before (evil women). Apart from her, I also liked Meg Foster very much (who was still quite in demand back then). The haunting mood on Quantum Leap was done before, but never this good. The pace of the story was also very on the mark. Just like Sam, I asked myself the same questions in this murder mystery and I shared his concerns. Was Leta Aider perhaps right and the witchhunt correct? That is when you know that something really grabs you.

The nitpicks people have about this story will not be discussed, as I do not judge stories on their imagined soap opera elements (Who does Sammy boy belong to? Did Sammy boy have an incestious relationship with Abigail?). For me it's about the dark underlying themes.

Marks: 10/10

and i totally agree 100 percent.its silly to say that you dont like the trilogy part becouse of abigaile, and the affair they had.This episode is very ecxiting and creepy when the ghost of the mother appears to sam.sooo whats not to like??and also i think melora hardin is a very beautiful actress.i recently saw her at a movie the dynasty, about the making of this 80s soap opera how it was done..she played linda evans and she looked gorgeus.so why many people here say the opposite for this actress.unless you were refairing to the little girl who played abigail.yes i found her a bit annoying:lol

leaper said:
its silly to say that you dont like the trilogy part becouse of abigaile, and the affair they had.

So I am silly?
Although I dislike it more because of the storyline, I guess Abigale isn't the worst although I still say she's annoying.

leaper said:
i think melora hardin is a very beautiful actress.... she looked gorgeus.so why many people here say the opposite for this actress.

I don't think anyone has complained about Melora Hardin's looks. Of course she's beautiful. The problem is that some people, including me, find the character unappealing and don't find it believable that Sam would fall passionately in love with her.

leaper said:
i think melora hardin is a very beautiful actress.... she looked gorgeus.so why many people here say the opposite for this actress.
Snish said:
I don't think anyone has complained about Melora Hardin's looks. Of course she's beautiful. The problem is that some people, including me, find the character unappealing and don't find it believable that Sam would fall passionately in love with her.

Leaper who are "many people"? Until you made that post I never saw a single person say a single thing about her appearenence not even myself surprisingly. Sure she's plenty pretty; like Snish said its just her attitude and personality that myself and most other anti-trilogy members are against. I also agree with Snish about Sam's love for her not being believable.

I quite like her in the third one though as she's finally matured since she had a kid.

Last edited:
Best Episodes for me (forgive me if I don't list all 25) These really stand out for me.
MIA
THOU SHALT NOT
RUNAWAY
RAPED
DELIVER US FROM EVIL
MIRROR IMAGE
CAMAKAZI KID
SONG FOR THE SOUL
ANOTHER MOTHER

Lee Harvey Oswald is hella creepy but a wonderful desplay of Scott's acting skills along with Dreams and Shock Theater :)

This is a creepy episode. Oswald's history, the insight into this psycopath's behaviro and motivations. I remember the JFK assasination, a date that I will never forget. they say that most Americans old enough to remember will always recall exactly what they were doing when the got the news.