Funny holiday stories

Errowyn

Project QL Intern
Sep 4, 2008
California
We've all got our funny stories that revolve around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all of them.

One of mine is about Christmas. I was in my early teens when the neighborhood began a small tradition that lasted for a few years.

People would buy an extra Christmas tree and put it out on their front yards. The top of the tree would have a white light on it but a person could use any type of outdoor Christmas bulbs in any color from the top down.

One year people's bulbs started to go missing. Folks were wondering what was going on and if someone was stealing them. ((When the houses were built at first people were stealing bits and pieces of mail boxes for some odd reason. They'd take the handles or even the entire lid off.))

It was later discovered a squirrel was unscrewing the bulbs and storing them as nuts for the winter!

The bulbs were never recovered so it's anybody's guess where they are and if they even survived the winter.

It's little but here's the only tid-bit that still gets me years after it happened.

One Christmas my parents in sending me my presents, sent my cat a present. I put all the presents on the floor for display and the cat started pawing at her's so I put it out of reach. When Christmas day came I took her present out of hinding and presented it to her. She almost ate and maybe did eat some of it's gift wrapping. It was a cat-nip stuffed blanket. I hadn't been warned that was her gift.

It's little but here's the only tid-bit that still gets me years after it happened.

One Christmas my parents in sending me my presents, sent my cat a present. I put all the presents on the floor for display and the cat started pawing at her's so I put it out of reach. When Christmas day came I took her present out of hinding and presented it to her. She almost ate and maybe did eat some of it's gift wrapping. It was a cat-nip stuffed blanket. I hadn't been warned that was her gift.

My Mom once did that for two cats we had. She put a bunch of catnip in a baby sock I had. She hid it at the bottom of the presents and left for fifteen minutes. She came back to see they had gotten the present out and were busy stealing it from one another.