Happiest Moment

Sam's Crow

Project QL Intern
Jun 12, 2008
Liverpool, England
I'm just wondering, there are times in your life that make you feel so happy, you never ever want to forget, you never ever can forget. What has happened to make people feel like they really belong in this world?

This is a happy thread.:angel

* Raising over $100,000 for the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY as auctioneer. I lost family members to this horrible disease including my beloved grandmother.

* Crying when Lassie lead help to Timmy in the well. (SERIOUSLY dagnabit!)

* Offering architectural services to Katrina victims.

* Saving someone's life (rather not elaborate, thanks)

* Putting on both socks before both shoes (can YOU do that?)

* Offering my services to the LEAPBACK Convention (they know nothing of the secret invoice a week after the con........mmuuuuhhahahahahaha)

Let me preface by saying that people like Classical Theories help to make this world a better place by all that they do. Now, ahem, on to my selfish-in-comparison view.

I guess one of the happy times in my life was my first Fall semester in college. For the life of me, I can't give a definite reason why I looked so fondly on that semester, but I always recall me waiting after my night class at math for my father to pick me up (I was living at home, since I actually graduated high school very early and went straight to the local junior college). Very happy memory. I guess I had a place of serenity. I was moving ahead in life, and nothing bad seemed to happen during that semester.

Last edited:
I agree. One thing that really drew me here was the fact that there was some censoring to what people could post. I've been to some websites that didn't have those, and good lord, every fifth word was a swear word and most of the postings were nothing but sharp insults filled with off-the-wall comments and nothing to back them. I don't mind having my views challenged civily with some claims to back your position or some colorful language now and again for effects (System Cat's title to her 3:00 in the morning adventure made the whole post funnier), but there needs to be some regulation. Plus, as you said, the people here are very nice.

I'll be good now and get off my soapbox and try not to deviate from the main thread again.

Well, to add to this, I think we should thank Sam's Crow for having the forethought (is this a word?) to take all of the current pain in our society and turn it into something we most desperatley need: HOPE and rememberance. My hat's off to you my friend.

We should also thank Brian for creating this forum along with the other fine items on this site, not to forget the creation of the LEAP BACK 2009 Convention.

Now......back on topic (Sorry, I talk a lot.).

For me its got to be the birth of my two girls. After 16 hours in labour and a near death experience due to loss of blood (to much info. not pretty lol) :angel but it was so worth it in the end. Second baby was alot different thank goodness.

No matter how hard life can be, when they come over and give me hug nothing else matters and its all good again. Pure magic.:baby

Oh yes and first finding Q leap, i wont ever forget that.

Something that makes me happy... Is when I'm with loads of my friends. And we're all happy and laughing, and it's soemthing we'll always remember and keep mentioning in years to come. I often whip out my camera and start filming it, but then they get annoyed. Ah, I just can't win! :p

Ziggy said:
I often whip out my camera and start filming it, but then they get annoyed. Ah, I just can't win! :p

Yeah, I'm rather camera shy too, but I like filming and photography. When I do it to other people they sometimes get a little annoyed.:p

Sam's Crow said:
Yeah, I'm rather camera shy too, but I like filming and photography. When I do it to other people they sometimes get a little annoyed.:p

Don't I know it! XD

One of mine would be having gone to the beach with a friend for my 24th birthday. I hadn't seen the beach in a long time and desperately wanted to go back. So as a surprise she took me there.

There's been times at the Ren. Faire where I didn't want to leave. I was either having fun and didn't want to go or something else was taking place.

Another time was when a girl I just met thanked me for saving her life. She told me what had happened and that my actions saved her. I did the last thing anyone expected and started crying. I suppose some of us do after hearing that we helped save someone.

sparkyclarkie said:
For me its got to be the birth of my two girls. After 16 hours in labour and a near death experience due to loss of blood (to much info. not pretty lol) :angel but it was so worth it in the end. Second baby was alot different thank goodness.

No matter how hard life can be, when they come over and give me hug nothing else matters and its all good again. Pure magic.:baby

Oh yes and first finding Q leap, i wont ever forget that.

I'm am so with you there! The birth of my 3 kids has got to be the happiest, and my older girls look after me so well. A few weeks ago I had a fever on the weekend and was in bed, the 9 year old made me a cooked lunch at 2.30pm because I hadn't had anything to eat and the next day my 8 year old was lying on bed with me putting a cold flannel on my head because I was halucinating..... Nothing makes you happier than seeing a reward to the effort you've put into your kids.

I thought youd been quiet for a while. (Thats ment in the nicest possible way.) I hope your feeling better now.

At this moment in time with my 5 year old is in melt down cause she so tired after a week at school and my 2 year old is thinking its funny to see what great thing she has just done in her nappy :hair
But im sure it will all be fine come bedtime... ...and relax.

I would have to say the day I graduated Boot camp and saw my Family in tears cause they were so proud of me and The day I first laid eyes on my oldest son and the day my youngest son came into the world.