QL Newbie

hologram

Project QL Intern
Aug 18, 2008
Hi All,

Just found your QL website and couldn't help but join and say HI!

It's great to see so many like minded peeps are out there who share a similar fascination with QL as me :)

No matter how many years pass by, QL still has me addicted. I watched it back in the day when BBC2 first showed it on a Tuesday evening. I was gutted when it finished and felt I'd been robbed of something really great. Thank god they popped it onto DVD so we could live it forever! I started with the last episode which brought a tear to my eye again! Now most way through series 5 and then I'm going back to the beginning.

Wish I was in the US so I could get to the convention, but stuck here in Sunny Spain on the Costa Del Sol instead.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Thanks everyone! I know my name is not very original but Ziggy, Gushi, Al etc are probably already taken!! Real name is Ben. Guess I cudda called myself Handlink or Swiss Cheese instead, but there you go.

Started my most recent trek back through every episode and I just watched How The Tess Was Won - S01E05 and to be honest I just don't remember it clearly, so I am glad I watched it again!

The differences between S05 and S01 are amazing, the leap effects are sooo basic (compared to S05, but good for the time) and I noticed how often Sam gets mad with Al in the first few episodes. Considering it's probably been 10-12 years since I last saw the first series, it's not surprising that it seems weird to me.

Anyway a big QL smile and wave from a somewhat cloudy Costa Del Sol!

Ben