Quantum Leap: Season 4 (R1) on DVD March 28th, 2006

Sermon said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you. Universal have just announced the "extras" for Knight Rider Season 4 (the last season of the show) and all the extras the fans will be getting are K.I.T.T. blue-prints (that were already included in the S1 box set) and the "The Great '80s TV Flashback"-featurette (which is also going to be included on the QL S4, A-Team S4, Magnum P.I. S4 and Murder She Wrote S4 box sets). So, even an equally iconic show like "Knight Rider" won't be getting any extras for its last season, therefore I wouldn't expect any extras on the QL S5 box set as well.

One would think that Universal (who do have a great back catalogue of great TV-series) would actually put a lot more care into their releases, but they're clearly only in it for the money. I mean, a great, award winning series like Magnum P.I. without ANY extras so far?? This is a real disgrace.

Damn, and I was waiting for Knight Rider to wrap up on DVD (since it only lasted four seasons it would be one of Universal's first shows to have all seasons on DVD) just to see if Universal was going to do anything special for the last release. Its upcoming third season's bonus feature is actually a fourth season episode (sound familiar?), which makes even less sense in this case because the fourth season is due to be released soon after Season 3. I was thinking that since most first seasons of their shows had bonus features that maybe they'd follow the same trend for final seasons. Oh, well.
:kitt: :leap

Last edited:
And another thing I find interesting is why they'd put "The Great '80s TV Flashback" featurette on a Quantum Leap set. It premiered in '89, but is it really to be considered an "'80s" show when only a handful of Season 1 episodes actually aired in the '80s? Nevertheless, Season 4 definitely was NOT in the '80s!

***Yeah, well logic doesn't seem to be with the Universal execs. If only ppl like us worked up there, lol**

That's a frightening thought...:b

How can they call an episode from another season and a thinly veiled advertising segment to try to get you to buy other equally flawed DVD season sets 'Extras'?

Die Universal Die !!!!!!!!!!

You know I am thinking that any of us could do a much better job then Universal! It can't be that hard... they have messed up so much they took out stuff that they thought we wouldn't notice or be asking why.

Some how I feel sorry for them, only a fool would want to mess QL up so badly and then want/excet people to buy it.:banghead it makes me so mad that they don't care! I don't see how they can mess up QL and still sleep at night. But Its like you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha_Beckett
Universal is stupid........that's how :p

Samantha Beckett

and I think it is said that "stupid is as stupid does!" I just don't understand why... I guess I just need to get this off my chest.

Julie

I'm sure that "Liberation" will be on the S5 set as well. We'll just have two of the same episode on our shelf for no particular reason.

So strange...usually they put these 'bonus episodes' on DVDs that are of a different show...like season 3 of SLIDERS has an episode of EARTH2 and an episode of CLEOPATRA 2525 as 'bonus material', but the logic of that is to get you to buy those other dvd sets...if you're buying the fourth season of QL, odds are, you don't need convincing to get the fifth. Just seems like a waste of space...I guess Universal is viewing it as a cheap way to say there is an extra. Hell, maybe the eps music is uncut.

Doubtful.

So... they figure if they just throw an extra episode on there, we'll all be dumb enough to believe they've given us the special features we've been clamoring for? That's pathetic. *sighs* And the sad thing is, I'll buy it anyway, because I want to have Season Four.

And I have to agree: I wish it were Killin' Time that had been chosen as the bonus episode. I'm dying to see that one again, and I don't want to have to wait until Season Five comes out on DVD.

Oh, er, and sorry for butting in. Newbie.

LadyKayoss said:
So... they figure if they just throw an extra episode on there, we'll all be dumb enough to believe they've given us the special features we've been clamoring for? That's pathetic. *sighs* And the sad thing is, I'll buy it anyway, because I want to have Season Four.

And I have to agree: I wish it were Killin' Time that had been chosen as the bonus episode. I'm dying to see that one again, and I don't want to have to wait until Season Five comes out on DVD.

Oh, er, and sorry for butting in. Newbie.

You are not butting in, LadyKayoss (great name by the way!)
The whole purpose of this forum is for fans to have their say, and the great thing about this place is how everyone here respects the views of everyone else, even if they don't agree with them.

So welcome, pull up a chair, have a rodbeer :cheers sit a spell and let us know your thoughts on other aspects of this brilliant series.

We are always pleased to welcome a new member, and there is always room for one more inside. (To use the old phrase frequently heard on London buses!)

I remember the special features for season 1 (R1) said that there was "a special message from Scott and Dean to leapers everywhere"...is that true, or all they all talk again? I cant find any message of that sort.

Samantha Beckett

I remember the special features for season 1 (R1) said that there was "a special message from Scott and Dean to leapers everywhere"...is that true, or all they all talk again? I cant find any message of that sort.
They're what's called "easter eggs". To see them you have to follow a sequence of buttons on the remote - which I can't exactly remember at the moment. Hopefully someone else here will know.

Samantha_Beckett said:

Samantha Beckett

yes its true, they are there, my best friend kristen found them by accident, well the one from dean(located in the langauge menu) she did, the one from Scott i found. Dean talks about how a bunch of fans got together and gave him a star on the walk of fame and its funny cuz he goes "hey look i think i see one right there, hi" lol, pointing to the camera.

and Scotts (located in the special feature section) he talks about how the new viewers should watch the episodes before listening to his little speeches at the beginning hes funny o cuz he says "so absoutly, stop listening to me right now, and go watch the shows, cuz you know i feel bad if im giving stuff away"

so no big deal but they are cute and funny.

oh and i just remembered, there is also another one from Scott located in the episode index, he bascially talks about how mucb people wanted the DVDs and stuff, i dont exactly remember i only saw it once when Kristen found it.

Excuse me I have a question.In the section of DVD of this page(Al's place) if you click on Quantum Leap The Complete Fourth Season on DVD appear information about this season(sleeve cover side view,sleeve cover front view,etc)
If you click in the image of main menu you can see the options like:play all,episode index,bonus materials,languages and sneak peeks)but my question is: what is "sneak peeks"? is a other kind of bonus or what is?

what about season 3 it said that it had a special features on it. It as suppost to be on the last cd, but I can't find anything at all. Has anyone else? maybe mine just didn't come with it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SamBeckettfann said:
season three did not mention bounus features season two did and yes as you said there were none.

:) No,I am talking about Quantum Leap The Complete Fourth Season on DVD.
If you enter in the section of DVD of this page(Al's Place) and click on Quantum Leap Fourth Season appear information like:Sleeve Cover (Side View),Sleeve Cover (Front View),etc.
If you click in the image of main menu you can see all options like:play all,episode index,bonus materials,languages and sneak peeks.

My question is: What is sneak peeks? is other kind of bonus or what is?:help

alsplacebartender said:
Sneak Peeks is the Bonus Features menu. In there is the episode from season 5 (Liberation) and a generic featurette from Universal about 1980's TV shows including Quantum Leap. The Great 80's TV Flashback was added to several different DVD box sets releasing this year. Hope that answers your questions!

Why in the image of the main menu of Quantum Leap The Complete Fourth Season appear two options: bonus materials and sneak peeks?

In the option of bonus materials what appear? If in the option sneak peeks has bonus episode "Liberation" and The Great 80's TV FlashBack.

:help :eek

alsplacebartender said:
Sneak Peeks is the Bonus Features menu. In there is the episode from season 5 (Liberation) and a generic featurette from Universal about 1980's TV shows including Quantum Leap. The Great 80's TV Flashback was added to several different DVD box sets releasing this year. Hope that answers your questions!

No, they are two different options on the menu:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimage.php?image=DaveFoster/quantumleap-s4_r1menu1.jpg

Perhaps a sneak peek into other episodes of Season 5 (or perhaps only LHO)??
Or otherwise a quick look at episodes from other shows (from Universal)?

Grimlock said:
No, they are two different options on the menu:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimage.php?image=DaveFoster/quantumleap-s4_r1menu1.jpg

Perhaps a sneak peek into other episodes of Season 5 (or perhaps only LHO)??
Or otherwise a quick look at episodes from other shows (from Universal)?

Really,I don't know.Maybe the option sneak peeks is a little interview or bloopers or behind scenes and the option bonus materials is the bonus episode:"Liberation" and The Great 80's TV FlashBack.:) :hurray:

DivadSB said:
Why in the image of the main menu of Quantum Leap The Complete Fourth Season appear two options: bonus materials and sneak peeks?

In the option of bonus materials what appear? If in the option sneak peeks has bonus episode "Liberation" and The Great 80's TV FlashBack.

:help :eek

Oops, I looked at it wrong. Sneak Peeks is probably just a look at some other Universal shows on DVD. I can't image it being anything more than that with what we have seen so far from the other sets.

Well,I really thought that sneak peeks was behind scenes or something about Quantum Leap but well, I really hope that Universal put all original music for this season and I really hope that Quantum Leap The Complete Fifth Season on DVD has special features like interviews,behind scenes,bloopers,etc.

Samantha_Beckett said:
Ditto....the stuff on the first season's dvd was great. they couldve at least kept the episode intros that Scott did. They gave some behind the scenes tidbits...oh well :\

Samantha Beckett

Yes,I am totally agree with you.The episode intros that Scott did on the first season's was really great.I hope that Quantum Leap Fifth Season on DVD has episode intros in all episodes like first season.
I really hope so,because is the final season and I think that is important listen the opinion of Scott Bakula,Dean Stockwell and Donald P Bellisario of the last season.

I suggest to all fans write a lot of emails to Universal Studios for this suggestions;)

universalstudios&dreamworks@leemarketing.com

In my really point of view I hope that Universal put all original music on Quantum Leap The Complete Fourth Season on DVD because I think that this season has songs that are really important.