Who does Al see?

systemcat

Project QL Intern
I just watched A Leap for Lisa for the first time yesterday and a question hit me for the first time about the show.

How does Al see people in the Waiting Room? Since every body sees Sam's aura around the guest, how can Al see them for who they truly are? Did he know it was the younger him from what he was saying or could he see him?

It was established in "What Price Gloria" that Al saw Sam as the leapee at that stage. The line was something about his best friend in a knockout body.
Al was so shaken up by fancying Sam in that aura, that the implication was made that Ziggy tweaked it so Al saw Sam as Sam from then on.
It would follow that he would therefore see the leapee in the Waiting Room as themselves.

leaper1 said:
The line was something about his best friend in a knockout body.

"Time has packaged my best friend in the body of a goddess of love," or something like that. :D A personal favorite.

Now, as for how Ziggy changed things so that Al could see Sam and the visitors as themselves, I guess it has to do with the brain link between Al and Sam. That doesn't explain a whole lot (since even Sam can't see himself as himself), but it's all I can think of.

leaper1 said:
It was established in "What Price Gloria" that Al saw Sam as the leapee at that stage. The line was something about his best friend in a knockout body.
Al was so shaken up by fancying Sam in that aura, that the implication was made that Ziggy tweaked it so Al saw Sam as Sam from then on.
It would follow that he would therefore see the leapee in the Waiting Room as themselves.

Yeah exactly because then in Nowhere to Run Sam is asking Al about rolling up his pant cuffs to which Al replies
"What difference does it make? I'm the only one that can see the real you anyway."

Which indicates that Since What Price Gloria has such a negative effect on Al, they tweaked the images so that Sam appears to Al instead of the leapee. Now as for what Al sees the Leapee as there are seveal ways this can be looked at. The novels seems to agree that both Sam and the Leapee appear to him as a double vision. In the show, it makes sense that since the image was tweaked so that he sees Sam for Sam, that he was also start seeing the Leapee as themselves as well. Its never actually said though, so both of these could work.