Any Episode Bloopers?

QuantumMatt

Project QL Intern
Jun 26, 2006
Manteca, CA
Sometimes when you watch a television show, you notice a technical blooper; something that doesn't make sense or is out of place or may be an error, whether do to the script itself, an editing error, or perhaps poor directing. I have noticed a couple of bloopers or slip-ups in an episode that I was watching over the weekend. The episode was called "The Leap Back" where Sam and Al switch places. I noticed two bloopers on the show that don't make much sense to me so I am inclined to treat them as technical errors.

1.) Sam is the hologram this time and doesn't know anything about the person Al has leaped into other than that the person is named Tom, it's 1945, and he's in the imaging chamber-and it's sealed closed. Al is dropped off at a house and as he opens the door, Sam is standing in the doorway. The questions that make me think this might be a blooper are a.) How does Sam know where the house would be at? b.) how was Sam able to elevate his position without the handlink? If Sam was a hologram, how would he be able to go up a small flight of stairs without the handlink to relocate himself in the I.C? Wouldn't Sam simply go through the stairs because the stairs to the house where Tom lived at would be a hologram to Sam like everything else?

2.) Al is knocked unconcious and will die unless Sam intervenes. Sam gets the insight to leap into Al. Sam, in the project control room, tells Gooshie to activate the accelerator and tells Tina to give him one of those white suits. It shows Sam in the accelerator and then you see Al leap out and Sam leap in, just in time to grab the arm of the would-be murderer and kick the door open, and knock the guy over the cliff. Yet, when Dr. Beeks and Tina retrive Al from the accelerator chamber, a very short moment before Donna attempts to retrieve Sam, notice that Al is not wearing a white suit but is dressed differently.

Anyone have an explanation here? LOL

Matthew

I don't have an explanation, but I do have another technical error - in 'Colour of Truth', Al's reflection shows up on miss Melny's car when he's telling her to stop. Al shouldn't have a reflection.

Al's reflection showing up on Miss Melny's car is kind of like when its windy and Al's clothes move when they shouldn't, I guess it can't be helped :D

Last edited:
I always found it interesting how at the end of "The Beast Within," Al is dressed in a warm wool coat and gloves.
26.jpg

Probably so Dean wouldn't freeze his *** off during shooting, lol. But if Al's in the imaging chamber, he would be sweating his *** off in all of those warm clothes. Unless of course Ziggy's messing with the heating/air conditioning again, like in "Double Identity." :)
8.jpg

18.jpg

Also, anyone who lives in Washington or Oregon can tell you there is no such place as Willamette Peak. Anything named Willamette is in Oregon, not Washington, anyway. Sorry to be nitpicky, but I have to represent the Great Northwest.

Another thing I noticed about "The Leap Back", if Sam leaps into Al, and Al takes Sam's place as the leaper and leaps into Tom in 1945, its understandable that Tom is in the waiting room, but if Al leapt into him and they traded places, shouldn't everyone else look at Tom and see Al? Like everyone and the project looks at Sam in this episode and sees Al?

There is conviently no mention of this in the episode :)

Danny Phantom said:
Al's reflection showing up on Miss Melny's car is kind of like when its windy and Al's clothes move when they shouldn't, I guess it can't be helped :D
Not much could be done about Al's clothes swaying in the wind, but they could have edited Al's reflection out of the car.
Obviously, they could have done that if they xcan do Al going through things.

Maybe Al came back from a very cold place and ran straight to the imagining chamber? Or was he just showing off? :p
natalie930 said:
I always found it interesting how at the end of "The Beast Within," Al is dressed in a warm wool coat and gloves.

Probably so Dean wouldn't freeze his *** off during shooting, lol. But if Al's in the imaging chamber, he would be sweating his *** off in all of those warm clothes. Unless of course Ziggy's messing with the heating/air conditioning again, like in "Double Identity." :)

18.jpg

Danny Phantom said:

Yeah I noticed that too, and like Danny pointed out that kind of thing can't be helped because Dean is real person and therefor has a reflection so he can't help his reflection showing up in certian places.

I also noticed in the universal release of Temptation Eyes (I say this strictly because its clearer than my bootleg) at the end of the Forienger sog we see Sam laying in bed and the camera pulls back from him and you can vaguely see cigar smoke in frot of the camera just before they did the sound to announce Al's arrival. So you can tell that Dean was standing there waiting for the sound effect to cue his line.

Karine said:
Maybe Al came back from a very cold place and ran straight to the imagining chamber? Or was he just showing off? :p

The explanation for this can simply be the same one used in "Double Identity": the Project is in the middle of the desert, where at night it gets freezing cold. It just so happens by coincidence that Al is cold at the same time Sam leaps somewhere that's also cold (this also happens in "Good Night, Dear Heart" and "Freedom"). Coincidences have to occur some time, just like when Sam leapt into someone named Sam in "Shock Theater."

Danny Phantom said:
Another thing I noticed about "The Leap Back", if Sam leaps into Al, and Al takes Sam's place as the leaper and leaps into Tom in 1945, its understandable that Tom is in the waiting room, but if Al leapt into him and they traded places, shouldn't everyone else look at Tom and see Al? Like everyone and the project looks at Sam in this episode and sees Al?

There is conviently no mention of this in the episode

Sam leaps back as himself; Al leaps into Tom with Tom's aura; and Tom leaps to the Project with Al's aura. While there is no mention of this in the episode, it has to be the case, because Al is now the leaper. So the fact that the episode never happens to mention it doesn't mean it's a blooper.

Logically, even by the show's own rules, nothing makes sense in this episode in terms of the clothes Sam is wearing and why the handlink is in 1945, etc. But I've explained how that all should have worked out many times in other threads. The real blooper in this episode is actually the entire episode itself.

Sam leaps back as himself; Al leaps into Tom with Tom's aura; and Tom leaps to the Project with Al's aura. While there is no mention of this in the episode, it has to be the case, because Al is now the leaper. So the fact that the episode never happens to mention it doesn't mean it's a blooper.

Whoops, my mistake. When I first saw the episode I assumed that everyone looked at Sam and saw Al, from the line that Tina says when she first sees him come out of the imaging chamber:

"Gee...he sounds just like Al"

I mistook this for:

"Gee...he looks just like Al"

:)

Now that I think about it, when I heard the "Gee...he sounds just like Al" line, I took it literally, and thought Tina was actually hearing Al's voice, and therefore that she was seeing him also. :)

I knew onlny because I looked at the episode guide here at Al's place and read the cut out scene.

and here's another funny thing. In Shock Theater when Sam is Samantha and Al is trying to reminded him of who he is and tells him
"You are as scientist named Sam Beckett"
Sam: "Sam Beckett, I remember a Sam Beckett back in Elk Ridge Illinois"
Al:"Indiana"

Here's the blooper, Sam was actually correct as far as the real world goes, Elk Ridge does not exsist in Indiana in real life, but it does however in Illinois, hehe.

natalie930 said:
Also, anyone who lives in Washington or Oregon can tell you there is no such place as Willamette Peak. Anything named Willamette is in Oregon, not Washington, anyway. Sorry to be nitpicky, but I have to represent the Great Northwest.

That's a bit presumptuous. :D We have a street called Willamette here in Colorado. :D Okay, so now I'm the one being nitpicky.

I noticed that on 'The Leap Back', Al said that Sam wouldn't remember about the simo-leap, but he did in 'Dreams'. Have I missed something?

SamBeckett94 said:
I noticed that on 'The Leap Back', Al said that Sam wouldn't remember about the simo-leap, but he did in 'Dreams'. Have I missed something?

With the Swiss cheese memory problem, some of Sam's memories come and go. Some memories never came back, others did.