WHat other Sci Fi series are people here into?

Time Lord said:
How many people here are into series such as Doctor Who and Stargate.

Puts hand up and admits - me, I am.
Though Quantum Leap will always have pole position in my affections.

Not into Doctor Who, but completely into both Stargates. I've seen all nine seasons of Stargate SG-1 and both seasons of Stargate Atlantis.

And I've actually become fonder of Atlantis than I have of SG-1, but probably 'cause SG-1's definitely running it's course; I mean, it'll be starting its tenth season in July.

I'm also into Dead Zone (when it's actually on).

And though I can't really call House MD sci-fi, it does have a lot of science-y medical stuff in it... with lots of cool visuals (LOL). And House is definitely my absolute favorite show on TV at the moment (and it's high on my list of all-timers).

Joy

Time Lord said:

My favourites are all the Star Trek series in a par with Quantum Leap.

One of my friends is a big Doctor Who fan. I found interest in the new series and now I am slowly working backwards (or forwards depending on the way you look at it!) to cover the other Doctors. I have seen An Unearthly Child which was fun! As it happens my current reading material is a Doctor Who book called The Ancestor Cell.

I'm an on and off fan of Stargate, however I am getting into it more as Star Trek: Enterprise is now finished. I am currently multitasking with an episode of Stargate.

Ooooh me! I absolutely LOVE Stargate SG-1! (never been able to get into Atlantis, although I hear from lots of ppl it's actually the better show). And is Supernatural counted as sci-fi, because I watch that too? I also used to watch Babylon 5, and the X-FIles (is that sci-fi?) and saw the occasional ep of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
But Quantum Leap is pretty much where it began for me though.

Minor Spoilers!

I've been borrowing my brother's SG-1 DVDs since September 2005. He has all 8 so far released to Joe Shmo. And I'm currently leasing season 8 and as of now I've watched 1 episode. When I moved to Ohio in September my dad was about to return season 1 until I said I wanted to take a dip into the show to see if I like it. At first it was hard to get into. I had a hard time finishing the pilot, "Children of the Gods". I love how far the show has evolved over the years and how each story arc moves into the next and before you know it Daniel Jackson(the ascended one) is mentioning the Lost city of Atlantis. I got Stargate Atlantis season 1 for Christmas and have only so far watched part of the pilot to sample it. Kind of a preview. I'm going to watch the whole episode as soon as I finish watching "New Order-Part 2".

Other Scifi series that I enjoy are, Early Edition, the Star Trek Saga, The Superman Saga, and that's pretty much it I guess. Besides Quantum Leap, of course. :leap

Steve
RossBeckett

I don't watch Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis or The Dead Zone on a regular basis, but I find them to be enjoyable shows. At some point, I'd like to watch them all on DVD and start from the beginning. The X-Files wasn't a bad show either, although oftentimes it got a bit...weird... That was one of those shows that you sort of had to watch a lot to understand what was going on.

Currently, one of my favorite shows on TV is Lost which can pretty much be considered "sci-fi" for lack of a better way to describe it. Along the same lines is Invasion which, although it got off to a slow start, has gotten very interesting. I'm also a fan of all of the various Star Trek series. I've seen every episode of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise, and have probably watched about 65% of the original series. The Twilight Zone is another classic that I'll always watch whenever a marathon is being shown.

Ultimately, my two favorite sci-fi shows of all time were Sliders and, of course, Quantum Leap!

Damon

I didn't see anyone mention Battlestar Galactica, especially now that Dean Stockwell has joined the cast. He's been in the past two episodes, playing the Cylon version of a priest. Like many of us, he's added a few pounds, but it was nice to see him again.

spaceflight101 said:
I didn't see anyone mention Battlestar Galactica, especially now that Dean Stockwell has joined the cast. He's been in the past two episodes, playing the Cylon version of a priest. Like many of us, he's added a few pounds, but it was nice to see him again.

I only watched it b/c Dean was in the last couple of episodes. I thought he did a great job but there wasn't nearly enough time given him! I will probably watch again if and only if Dean is in future episodes.

With the direction the show is headed towards, Dean's character will probably be developed farther, especially since there is no longer any need for subterfuge- at least among the known humanoid Cylons. The feeling is that the Cylons will not completely reveal themselves, but Dean's character will become a buffer, a counselor. They never revealed if he got dumped out the airlock, but even if he did, he'll be back.

Do you actually think he's going to show up again? From what I took away from this last episode, he was "dealt with". And he never showed up in the "[spoilerific time] later" part of the episode; I figured he was done away with by Roslin...

And I only watched the last two eps of BSG 'cause of Dean, and they did nothing to persuade me to watch it beyond any Dean appearances (or appearances of any of my other favorite actors, should that occur).

Joy

I enjoyed Sliders for the first three, maybe 4 seasons, but that last season, I refused to watch. I felt that Mallory storyline was an insult to the inteligence of the fans. Not to mention, The series centered around Quinn and then when Jerry O'connell left the show, they should have ended it..

I am also a big fan of The Dead Zone, and As Joy said, House isn't really Sci-Fi, but It is currently my favorite show and ranks just behind Quantum Leap in my List of All-Time favorite shows. (Which puts it as second)

Al's Handlink said:
I enjoyed Sliders for the first three, maybe 4 seasons, but that last season, I refused to watch. I felt that Mallory storyline was an insult to the inteligence of the fans. Not to mention, The series centered around Quinn and then when Jerry O'connell left the show, they should have ended it..

I am also a big fan of The Dead Zone, and As Joy said, House isn't really Sci-Fi, but It is currently my favorite show and ranks just behind Quantum Leap in my List of All-Time favorite shows. (Which puts it as second)

Yeah I am with you. The First 2 seasons were good, the third season was ok. THe forth was questionable at times but the 5th season, well in my books it really didn't happen

tina_als_girl said:
Do you actually think he's going to show up again? From what I took away from this last episode, he was "dealt with". And he never showed up in the "[spoilerific time] later" part of the episode; I figured he was done away with by Roslin...

And I only watched the last two eps of BSG 'cause of Dean, and they did nothing to persuade me to watch it beyond any Dean appearances (or appearances of any of my other favorite actors, should that occur).

Joy

As they say in the beginning of the show, "there are many copies". Over on the blog, it is still unclear whether or not the two copies we saw were, in fact, pushed out the airlock. Even if they were, there are still many, many copies, and they share experiences and memories. So even if they did get dumped, Dean has some lines like "Guess who?" at his disposal. BSG's creators have emphasized that the current situation will be resolved during the first 3 or 4 episodes, and the RTF will return to space.
Still, it was good to see him again. Lucy Lawless has a recurring Cylon role as well.

I like Stargate SG-1 which I have been watching for the past six years. I have seen most of the early season's too but there are some gaps in what I have missed so hopefully I will catch up on those. I've seen some Atlantis and I'll watch that again when its back on TV.

Star Trek has been in my life since I was a kid but is has been in my life less and less these last few years although I am catching the repeats of Voyager on channel 5 right now.

The new Doctor Who is fun to watch and I've seen some, but not many of the older Doctor Who's over the years. If they repeat them I may check them out, that depends on time more than anything.

I watch the new episodes of Smallville and have seen the majority, but when its run its course I will probably never make the time to see it again.

Firefly and Serenity have been on my watching list the past two weeks and have throroughly enjoyed them all. The movie was a hit with me btw.

I was a fan of the X-Files but I don't feel the need to watch them again.

Quantum Leap though is a favourite and although I took a break from it for nearly a decade I am finding the DVD's great fun to watch again. Once I own them all I will watch them when I get the urge to do so.

I love the original old school Star Trek with Kirk and Enterprise. I too liked Sliders, but it was just to watch Jerry O'Connell :dreaming...man he's cute. But I digress...Other than those three (QL included) I was never much into the sci-fi tv realm.

Samantha Beckett