Newbie here.....

The Macman

Project QL Intern
Mar 31, 2006
Hi all,

Only recently have I rekindled my liking for quantum leap, was a lurker at scifi's crappy forums, then boy was I impressed to discover this site. Whomever put it together...you rule buddy!

A little about myself, I'm 29, live in Stirling, Scotland & am married (Although online Battlefront 2 is threatening it!!!). I used to watch ql when it was on originally in the uk & have only recently discovered its on satellite & available on dvd!!

Me thinks i will buy it on dvd & buy a crate of beer to enjoy it with...say, isnt the guy who runs this place The Bartender?? Dude, pass the beer!!!

Paul

The Macman said:
Only recently have I rekindled my liking for quantum leap, was a lurker at scifi's crappy forums, then boy was I impressed to discover this site. Whomever put it together...you rule buddy!

Me thinks i will buy it on dvd & buy a crate of beer to enjoy it with...say, isnt the guy who runs this place The Bartender?? Dude, pass the beer!!!
That would be Brian Greene, a.k.a. alsplacebartender. We're glad you decided to join us over here. It's a much more pleasant experience than the unmoderated Sci-Fi boards (plus, we're more knowledgable about the series, too). ;)

Grab a stool and stay a while, Paul! :)

Damon

Dman176 said:
That would be Brian Greene, a.k.a. alsplacebartender. We're glad you decided to join us over here. It's a much more pleasant experience than the unmoderated Sci-Fi boards (plus, we're more knowledgable about the series, too). ;)

Grab a stool and stay a while, Paul! :)

Damon

Thanks Damon!:cheers

Swelling the Ranks

It is great to see so many people from the UK joining the site.
I'm not the lone :wacko Brit I felt for a while, what with a lot of the local contingent going awol lately.

Welcome Paul, glad to have you with us.
:cheers Have a Rodbeer on me!

re

leaper1 said:
It is great to see so many people from the UK joining the site.
I'm not the lone :wacko Brit I felt for a while, what with a lot of the local contingent going awol lately.

Welcome Paul, glad to have you with us.
:cheers Have a Rodbeer on me!

ha ha, theres a fair amount of people I know that like ql, so you are not alone Helen!!

btw, whats a rodbeer? I would like to thankeverybody for the welcome, friendliest place on the net. Im also blown away by the amount of stuff at your site brian!

Paul

The Macman said:
ha ha, theres a fair amount of people I know that like ql, so you are not alone Helen!!

btw, whats a rodbeer? I would like to thankeverybody for the welcome, friendliest place on the net. Im also blown away by the amount of stuff at your site brian!

Paul

A Rodbeer is the specialty of the house. It is named after an enigmatic and charismatic character who sometimes frequents the site and goes by the name of The Rod.

Check out his RODVISIONS for more information:
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/rodvision/index.html

BTW - is your handle of Macman anything to do with the type of computer you use? I have a Mac mini. Or is it to do with your Scottish heritage?

leaper1 said:
A Rodbeer is the specialty of the house. It is named after an enigmatic and charismatic character who sometimes frequents the site and goes by the name of The Rod.

Check out his RODVISIONS for more information:
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/rodvision/index.html

BTW - is your handle of Macman anything to do with the type of computer you use? I have a Mac mini. Or is it to do with your Scottish heritage?

ha ha...Macman refers to my heritage. Im a PC man myself. i had a look at the visions part of the site, cant believe you guys also have ql articles. i like the flash intro, man that rod guy really is into himself!! Who is he??

Paul

p.s. rodbeers all round!!

Last edited:
leaper1 said:
Speaking of The Rod-Man, where the heck's he been lately? He's been AWOL for months. I don't even think he's been around since we switched over to vBulletin. I sure hope nothing bad has happened to him. You would think especially with all the new young ladies that have joined the board in recent months, he'd be hitting on them one by one. :lol

I miss his witty repartée. :hat

EDIT: Correction, I looked up the Members List, and The Great One did rejoin us over here. But his last post was on July 29th, 2005, or something like that. Where are ya, Rod-dude?

Damon

Last edited:
Welcome

It's great to see another QL fan find their way to Al's Place. This is a great site with great people!