Screen Capture Collection

StrayStar

Project QL Intern
Dec 17, 2010
Romania
quantum-stills.blogspot.com
I've been taking some screen captures from my QL DVDs. I find that looking at a few nice Sam and Al pictures can be rather refreshing after a day of work.

I figured other people might feel the same way, so I decided to share them. If anyone is interested, you can find my growing collection of QL screen caps here.

So far I have "Genesis" and "Star Crossed" down, but I'm looking forward to going through the rest of the episodes in search of all those great QL moments.

It's really nice to have those DVD captures as they sure beat the captures off USA/Sci-Fi.

Last edited:
Even on DVD the image is a little grainier than I'd expected, especially in darker scenes. But I guess this is the best we can get, and overall I'd say the quality is fairly good. I'm certainly glad I got the complete set.

Some of the episodes look better than others. I imagine it's probably dependant on what the quality of the master copies are at this point.

My collection of QL screencaps is here: http://scott-bakula.com/qlcaps.htm There should be caps from all but two fifth season episodes (Trilogy pt. 1 and Mirror Image). I haven't capped those two yet...probably because they're two of the episodes I like the least.

Very nice shots - thanks for sharing!

My pleasure entirely!

My collection of QL screencaps is here: http://scott-bakula.com/qlcaps.htm There should be caps from all but two fifth season episodes (Trilogy pt. 1 and Mirror Image). I haven't capped those two yet...probably because they're two of the episodes I like the least.

Thanks a lot for this, jmoniz! You have an impressive collection there.

I've been looking at your Mr. and Mrs. Smith caps and I have a good mind to watch the show now. Scott looks pretty amazing in it.

It took me a while longer, but I've finally gotten around to posting the caps from Double Identity. Hope you like 'em.

My favorite shot from this episode and one of my favorites in the entire show is this:

DoubleIdentity.jpg

For some reason, it looks like the perfect Christmas picture to me. I love the double-layered framing of Sam's face, with the first layer being the larger frame of the window and a second layer represented by one of the smaller panes. It makes me think of one of those old English houses with cozy fireplaces going while the snow is falling outside.

Been a while since anyone has shown appreciation for your hard work, so I just want to say a great big

THANK YOU
lovely to see as always.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

My pleasure! :D I wish I could post new episodes more often, though. On the other hand, this means that it'll take a long time before the day comes when I won't have any more episodes to capture, which is a good thing.:lol

Wow you are posting a *lot* of screenies per episode. I know I appreciate it. If there were more interest in QL, if Bellisario would stop with NCIS for 5 minutes (great show but he must have enough $ by now he could *buy* the rights to QL himself) and bring back QL *nudge* then one of us could start going through and replacing all those old USA-TV screenshots on the episode pages with the nice new DVD caps.

Wow you are posting a *lot* of screenies per episode.
There could be more. I'm doing a lot of pruning in order to end up with only the best of the best (at least what I consider to be the best of the best). But I try to keep a balanced number of screens per episode, although it greatly depends on the episode itself: the quality of the DVD transfer, number of different sets & costumes, etc.

Kicking off the new year with brand new captures from Jimmy.

As a side note, I sure hope the world doesn't end in December this year because I don't think I can capture all the episodes before then, and it would be nice if I could finish what I've started.:p