Which QL song is your top favorite?

Which QL song is your top favorite?

• Total voters
I just had to vote for the best song ever! In my opinion anyway. "Somewhere in the Night" Written by Scott Bakula and composed by Velton Ray Bunch.
~Ross Geller-Beckett
LONG LIVE QUANTUM LEAP AND FRIENDS!!!
"And that is how the cookie crumbles."-Jim Carrey in Tom Shadyac's "Bruce Almighty"

you know, I never really used to like "imagine", until I watched Sam singing it, and Al in the background, lost in emotion, feeling it, living it (knowing his personal history in Vietnam it made it really stand out in the next part!!)...

Suddenly, I can't stop listening to this song. I have sang it several times at karaoke, and it means so much more to me than it ever did! When it came out, I thought it a yutzy piece of trash that only got popular after John Lennon died.

now I see it for the genius it was!

matt

:sing Mine are caught between somewhere in the night and fates wide wheel both are so good I choose somewhere in the night but I still like fates wide wheel

admiralal90 said:
:sing Mine are caught between somewhere in the night and fates wide wheel both are so good I choose somewhere in the night but I still like fates wide wheel

Unchained Melody, without any doubt. And I appreciate it even more now that they f'ed with MIA! I didn't even feel ANYTHING when I watched the DVD. When I watch my tape (NBC broadcast original), I cry like a baby!

Kat

I voted for "Somewhere inthe Night", which is fantastic. Absolutely fabulous. However, a close second is "Imagine". That's always been my fave Beatles song of all time, and hearing that beautiful voice sing it with all the emotions going on in that scene...*weepy melt*

Samantha Beckett

Somewhere in the Night is my favorite. But I am also one of those people that really began to appreciate "Imagine" after I saw Sam sing it in "The Leap Home"

That being said, I also have to say that I love the Medley for Man of La Mancha

I vote for Somewhere In the Night...I have it on my computer and listen to it frequently :)

I really like "somewhere in the night" Sam's voice is so beautiful! I tear up everytime he sings!! *Tear* But I really like the QL them song I mean who doesnt? But I really like "Imagine" also! Its so hard to choose!

Your fellow Leaper,
*Al'sChick*

It's got to be Man of La Mancha (I love musicals!). I watch it and then for days and weeks I suddenly break into... "I am, I, Don Quixote...". His voice does sound bl**dy fantastic in that episode.

"Onward to glory I go!"

britishbecca said:
It's got to be Man of La Mancha (I love musicals!). I watch it and then for days and weeks I suddenly break into... "I am, I, Don Quixote...". His voice does sound bl**dy fantastic in that episode.

"Onward to glory I go!"

Remind me, what epsode is that from?

Samantha Beckett

From 'Catch a Falling Star' in season two... oddly enough, the episode that's based entirely around a production of Man of La Mancha! Sam meets up with the piano teacher he had a crush on when he was a kid (and 'meets up' it the polite way to put it!)

britishbecca said:
From 'Catch a Falling Star' in season two... oddly enough, the episode that's based entirely around a production of Man of La Mancha! Sam meets up with the piano teacher he had a crush on when he was a kid (and 'meets up' it the polite way to put it!)

Okay, thanks! I've got the DVDs now :hurray: so I can watch that one! Is that the episode where the clip in the opening montage of Sam kinda sliding across a stage with a beard with his arm up in the air? Vague description I know, but thats all I can think of writing.

Samantha Beckett

I just watched "Catch a Falling Star" last night for the first time, and i thoroughly loved it! Wow...Scott's voice is absolutely incredible! I knew he was in several Broadway shows, but ho.......ly......crap! Is it too late to change my vote? LOL.

Samantha Beckett

britishbecca said:
See? Didn't I tell ya? It's very, very cool. He really lets rip in that episode, huh?

He does! And he's fantastic!! I would love to have a voice like that (strength-wise). I can sing but not like that...I need his kind of strength if I'm going to get on Broadway myself ;)

Samantha Beckett

P.S. becca, I was reading up on one of your previous posts (the one where you say you break into "I am I, Don Quixote!" randomly for weeks)...and its true! I did the same thing!

It'll get annoying, I promise. Unfortunately (or fortunately?!) I've lost my voice at the moment so I can only squeak 'I am I, Don Quixote'... but a few days off work means non-stop Quantum Leap so there's always a silver lining, if you wanna see it!
Speaking of silver linings... before I lost my voice I kept singing the little hymn from 'Pool Hall Blues' instead of Don Quixote, which made a refreshing change but not much of one. Damn that Quantum Leap and its catchy songs...

I've caught myself singing the bits I know of "Somewhere in the Night" and all of "Imagine" a lot. I agree, Becca...QL has some catchy songs!

*starts humming "It's A Small World After All"*

Samantha Beckett

It's a Small World After All.

I know this for a fact. If you hear that song over and over and over and over again with no breaks for 10 hours a day, you will go stir crazy and become very distructive.

Back in the summer of '98, I worked at Lake Compounce (America's oldest continiously run theme park) as a ride operator. At the begining of the summer, they always sent me to Kiddie Land to run some of those rides, and for like 2 weeks straight, the only thing they played was It's a Small World After All. At the end of the two weeks, I wanted to cause physical damage to all Disney Charecters (Sorry Jennie. After all, I did fight the temptation)

That being said, I thought Scotts performance of Baby Let's Play House at the end of Memphis Melody was excellent.

Al's Handlink said:
It's a Small World After All.

I know this for a fact. If you hear that song over and over and over and over again with no breaks for 10 hours a day, you will go stir crazy and become very distructive.

Back in the summer of '98, I worked at Lake Compounce (America's oldest continiously run theme park) as a ride operator. At the begining of the summer, they always sent me to Kiddie Land to run some of those rides, and for like 2 weeks straight, the only thing they played was It's a Small World After All. At the end of the two weeks, I wanted to cause physical damage to all Disney Charecters (Sorry Jennie. After all, I did fight the temptation)

That being said, I thought Scotts performance of Baby Let's Play House at the end of Memphis Melody was excellent.

I was 12 years old in Disney World in Orlando and I was on the It's A Small World ride. Halfway between China and Italy, the ride stops. Something was wrong and the boats like refused to move or something, I don't know exactly what. All I know is that I say on that boat listening to a looping "It's A Small World" for 45 minutes straight, and I thought my head was going to explode. I haven't been on that ride since.

Samantha Beckett

Al's Handlink said:
A form of torture of an inhumane sort.

Congratulations on becoming an Control Room Technician Samantha

Thank you! I was up late last night (I talked to you on the chat!) just replying to a lot of posts to get to 101 before I went to bed, hehe. I wanted that promotion :lol Btw, what the next position and how many posts do i need for that?

Samantha Beckett

I'm definitely going with "Fate's Wide Wheel." I enjoyed seeing Sam as a rocker and singing a song that perfectly described his journeys as a leaper.

QL Nut said:
I'm definitely going with "Fate's Wide Wheel." I enjoyed seeing Sam as a rocker and singing a song that perfectly described his journeys as a leaper.

Oh, THAT'S where that song is from! I have been trying to figure out what episode that was from!

Samantha Beckett