New here...

QL Fan

Project QL Intern
Jul 28, 2008
Hi everyone,
I just got activated/approved as a user today. I've been a fan of the show since mid first season (original air dates) on NBC.

I have acquired the entire series on DVD and am working my way through. I'm about 3/4 through season 4. My wife has since become a HUGE fan of Al and his (sometimes) crazy outfits. :D

I have to admit, Quantum Leap has lost some of its luster as I don't have to wait another week for the next episode. plus the formula is getting old: Sam leaps into a "Fish out of water" situation, gets out of it, eventually Al shows up with details, the audience learns of the episode's jerk, Sam confronts (whether directly or indirectly) him/her, then a wrap up and Sam leaps out..... yet I CAN NOT STOP WATCHING :b I look forward to the episodes about Sam (like 'The Leap Home') and his life. Behind the scenes at the project and all that kind of thing. I also enjoy the 'kisses with history'. (A young Michael Jackson, Buddy Holly, Stephen King and the like.)
I don't want to sound too bitter, as I said, I keep watching anyway. :hurray:

I'm a big fan of time travel shows and movies. (Back to the Future series, 12 Monkeys, various Star Trek episodes and movies, etc.)

Hello, QL Fan. You did hit the nail on the head by saying that the same basic plot is used each episode, but in my opinion, that is what makes it so fun. The scenrios themselves are different, and each episodes contain the right amount of humor; enough to keep the show interesting and enjoyable, but reduced to the point that serious subjects are not overlooked or given too little attention.

Anyways, welcome!