The mysterious leaper

My best friend came up with a fantastic theory as to the reason there seem to be no records of the evil project, that perhaps Lothos hacked Ziggy and erased it from the database.

As for Leaper X, now he's been found in 2022 quite clearly not leaping, I hope he'll be sidelined for a while and the secondary focus turned back to Janice which the Halloween episode suggested was promising.

My best friend came up with a fantastic theory as to the reason there seem to be no records of the evil project, that perhaps Lothos hacked Ziggy and erased it from the database.

As for Leaper X, now he's been found in 2022 quite clearly not leaping, I hope he'll be sidelined for a while and the secondary focus turned back to Janice which the Halloween episode suggested was promising.

There seems to be many side plots happening throughout and we're only 7 episodes in lol i.e Janis , congresswoman Adani, leaper X, Ben's path when leaping etc.

I feel they need to temper that down and focus on just 1 or 2 so it doesn't get too bewildering.

There seems to be many side plots happening throughout and we're only 7 episodes in lol i.e Janis , congresswoman Adani, leaper X, Ben's path when leaping etc.

I feel they need to temper that down and focus on just 1 or 2 so it doesn't get too bewildering.

I heartily agree!

I heartily agree!

Less is more and makes for a better story telling experience.

Hello I am new to the forums and a new fan.
The new show got me interested in the original and have seen a few episodes of the original series.

I have a theory about Leaper X
Leaper X isnt Sam Beckett but Sam Beckett is involved in the present storyline.

First Leaper X isnt evil simply misguided. I think Martinez (Leaper X) is a true believer which can cause more problems because true believers some times justify whatever action they do as right because they believe their cause is just.

In episode 8, Ben revealed he is trying to leap to save Addison.

My theory is Addison Leaped and she failed in the future and was killed.

The government takes over the QL project after Ben's team and they send Leapers to change the past to prevent disasters and terrorist attacks but while in the short term this seems to do good it causes more problems in the Future.

In the original series episode I think Season 2 episode 1 Honeymoon Express, Al is in a congressional hearing trying to justify QL funding to get Sam back home in order to sway the committee so he promises to get Sam to use the Leap to avoid embarrassment that inflamed cold war tensions. The plan failed.

Sam chose help a law student pass the Bar. After passing the bar she when on to morphed mid sentence to become the chair of the committee and rule in Al's favor.

Sam Beckett leaped back in time to get help from Ben Song

I've said it before, but I concur.
The Janis side plot is a brilliant dual service as both a nod to the original series and related to Ben's motive and his changes to the rules.

This whole Leaper X thing didn't just muddle the focus, but I believe it is entirely unnecessary. Fortunately, now that he's been identified and found NOT leaping in 2022, they seemed to have sidelined it as less of a priority.

I've said it before, but I concur.
The Janis side plot is a brilliant dual service as both a nod to the original series and related to Ben's motive and his changes to the rules.

This whole Leaper X thing didn't just muddle the focus, but I believe it is entirely unnecessary. Fortunately, now that he's been identified and found NOT leaping in 2022, they seemed to have sidelined it as less of a priority.

Agreed!

They seem to be trying toooo hard to justify each episode ending it on a cliffhanger ( a new story arc) which affects the HQ QL team more rather than Ben leaping through time, explains why some fans have yet to take to Ben the leaper.

What OG Quantum Leap did so well was invest the viewer solely and simply on Sams leap, we knew the aim of the mission, to get him home. It was well written and acted by two legendary leads in Scott and Dean and had none of this muddying of the water and focus taken away the episodes with HQ affairs.

It's all becoming too convoluted.

I'd rather they did it like X-Files where there are monster-of-the-week episodes and conspiracy episodes. Let's have a bottle episode of Nanrisa Lee and Magic about the project while Ben is on a mundane leap. Let's have a super heavy leap that doesn't show the Project at all. Mix and match.