Leapcons 93 /94/95/96 Q&A on DVD

leapme

Project QL Intern
Jul 26, 2009
UPDATE: We are now accepting orders for this 5 DVD set of Leap Conventions from 1993-1996. Please see the announcement below.

-------------------
Hi people,

We've (Lissa and me) been collecting VHS tapes starting with Jay's tapes at the Leapcon and we also received from a very generous lady a whole lot more VHS tapes that still need to be put to DVD. I just finished up making a quintuple box with dvd's of the Leapcon 93 /94/ 95 (two disks) & 96. The quality is actually pretty good considering these VHS tapes have been copied again and again for the last 15 or so years.

We managed to restore them somewhat and we're pretty proud we're able to offer them to the all the fans now. Ann made beautiful covers for the cases (per dvd) or you could get a full set. (BTW Dean is not on the 96 dvd since he didn't attend that year). Each dvd is about an hour or a little longer and contains the Q&A's of Scott & Dean and/or whomever else is on stage with them at that point (which also means Don - 95 and Deborah -96 ) And yes all proceeds go to charity, Our Little Have to be exact.

Would there be any intrest in these?
here's a download teaser link but think +10% quality cause this already lost some in the convert of sticking these together
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fs8lau

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the clips and they're really not that bad. Better than what I expected.

Okay here's the deal.
I could set up an ebay account for it but I would have to add the charges for listing and the paypal costs since me and Lissa are doing this for charity and costs only.

If you are in Europe a five box would costs 23.50 euro's. 2 euro's per dvd go to charity (Our Little Haven) Shipping costs are included in that price.

If you are in the states the box would cost 35 dollars. 3 dollars per DVD go to Our Little Haven.

If you are outside these continents your price would be either 26 euro's if you get it from me, or 51 dollars from Lissa.

I'm currently awaiting to hear from Lissa that she received her DVD's so she can start distributing. I'm already good to go.

I do understand (especially with everything going on lately) there might be some trust issues so I'll gladly put up an ebay link, no problem I got 100% PF there anyway (lol). But I want to wait with that till Lissa is ready to go to before I set up on ebay. She should receive them by the end of this week or early on the next.

Payments are excepted in Paypal. Not to cut people out I will also be able to provide iban and swift code for an online bank transaction.

Having this on DVD would be great. I only have it on VHS now. Someone said recently that no one would be interested in old VHS material you can hardly see, but I see that's not the case with real fans! Thanks for making this available!

Yeah that was Pam. It doesn't matter how bad it is true fans will collect it all. I'm working on fixing up three guys naked from the waste down, not much I can do about it but on an ipod or phone it will look great when I'm done. That's I believe footage from 1988.

I would just set up a regular website with two Paypal boxes, one for Euros and one for Dollars with the price indicated on each. Paypal has examples on how to set up a product order form on their website I believe. Since the volume will not be too insane, then you do not need a fully shopping cart system which would be very expensive.

I am not sure I want to post my email address.

I don't have the copies from leapme just yet. They should be here any day now. Each Con year comes with its own DVD case with artwork provided by one of our other ladies. I will let her identify herself and post a sample of the art.

You can PM me for complete donation amounts plus shipping.

Although, I am a bit overwhelmed right now with all the DVD material that will soon be available. So if I don't get right back to you, please be patient.

Dont tell leapme I told, but she is cleaning up some pretty terrible VHS footage.

I know she is buried right now, but if you have some stuff.... we are willing to fix it. Hey, we may already have it.

LeapCon Covers

Hello, I'm the lady that Lissa is talking about.:p. My name is Ann. I'm not sure how this board works, but I'm going to try and post examples of the cover art I have made for the LeapCon DVDs. Please keep in mind that I have reduced these in size for posting, and that the actual covers are much larger and clearer.

LeapCon93newfront.jpg

LeapCon941disc.jpg

LeapCon951disc.jpg

LeapCon961disc.jpg

I also did one for 1992, however there wasn't enough footage to make the DVD. Here is the cover anyway.:roflmao:
LeapCon921disc.jpg

a little delay

There is a little delay since I received some better quality footage of the 96 Leapcon. PLan to work on it today and have it all ready tomorrow :hurray:

There is a little delay since I received some better quality footage of the 96 Leapcon. PLan to work on it today and have it all ready tomorrow :hurray:

All done and ready to be shipped off tomorrow to Lissa, give us about two weeks and this will be up and ready to go

They have been taking a while, external drive died, comp died, but I'll soon have them ready with a nice lightscribe DVD print and by the end of this month I promise europeans can order with me, none us citizens can choose to either order with me or Lissa. US members can order with Lissa. The 96 footage has also been replaced by better footage. Another reason it took a while.

All done and ready to be shipped off tomorrow to Lissa, give us about two weeks and this will be up and ready to go

Ok, these are ready now to be ordered!!

If you live within Europe send a PM to Leapme (me). The five DVD set is 23.50 Euro's.

If you live in the USA, send a PM to Lissa. the box costs 35 dollars

I you live outside either country you can choose who you would like to order with, in my case the charges will be 27.50 euro's outside Europe ( a little more due to shipping costs)

This 5 DVD box has all 4 conventions (Leapcon '95 has 2 DVDs) and the cost includes shipping. These contain only the Q&A of Scott & Dean and whomever else was on stage at that time with them. Combined they are over 4 hours of Q&A.

This is a fundraiser, the proceeds go to http://www.ourlittlehaven.org/

If you feel better about it, I could set up an eBay link but 1.50 euro's will be extra charged for the costs of Paypal and eBay fees.

They have been taking a while, external drive died, comp died, but I'll soon have them ready with a nice lightscribe DVD print and by the end of this month I promise europeans can order with me, none us citizens can choose to either order with me or Lissa. US members can order with Lissa. The 96 footage has also been replaced by better footage. Another reason it took a while.

Last edited: