HUGE HUGE HUGE Quantum Leap Refrence on Heroes last night!!!

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
During Yesterdays episode of Heroes, Hiro was standing trial in his mind for changing the past for personal gain. And at one point, Ando, who was his lawyer, said to Hiro who was on the stand;

"So you found yourself victim of the bad man's con?"

"I did. And I found myself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong."

Then if that wasn't enough. The Prosicuter Adam stood up and said;

"Objection your honor. He's reciting the opening to Quantum Leap."

The reference occured 46 min into the episode. If you subtract commercials, maybe 35 min.

ANd im sure people watching were probably like "whats Quantum Leap"?? lol. Im glad they do stuff like that though.. keeps the show alive a little more. You know how many people i know that are 18-30 who don't know what Quantum Leap is?? (i myself am 30) Ive been asked about it when they see my Series collection on my DVD shelf. I usually pick one single later episode to show them and explain it a bit and it usually gets them addicted to it. THe reason i show them the later show first is because whenever ive shown the pilot, Younger people can't get past the "90's" Style of Clothing and etc. so they have usually found it "Cheesy". But after getting their attention with one or 2 later episodes they usually want to know how it started and thats the best time to start at the beginning and its all down hill from there for them lol..

I'll bet most of that audience knows what "Quantum Leap" is. Adam's statement served to clue those in who didn't know. I was banging my head against the coffee table for most of that episode, but I did get a laugh out of that bit.

AAAA!!!! I havent' been able to watch Heroes as yet this week. I'll keep an ear open for the line - thanks for mentioning it.
During Yesterdays episode of Heroes, Hiro was standing trial in his mind for changing the past for personal gain. And at one point, Ando, who was his lawyer, said to Hiro who was on the stand;

"So you found yourself victim of the bad man's con?"

"I did. And I found myself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong."

Then if that wasn't enough. The Prosicuter Adam stood up and said;

"Objection your honor. He's reciting the opening to Quantum Leap."

The reference occured 46 min into the episode. If you subtract commercials, maybe 35 min.

Who says I don't understand Japanese? I don't - just busting your chops.

Very funny bit and the QL fans in my house loved it!

I so hope Sylar gives up his powers and becomes sweet, waffle-making Gabriel again.
I missed that character. Of course, it will kill the show...

I couldn't find it.

Chloe[Sullivan]: "Clark, if they made the quantum leap, there must be a way you can too." This is a reference to the TV show Quantum Leap. Quantum Leap involves scientist Sam Beckett(Scott Bakula) leaping to various points in time, and into the life of a different person, usually constrained within the period of his own lifetime.

I love that this was said by Clark's sidekick, Chloe, because Sam's sidekick is the one and only Admiral Al Calavicci. :)

There was also a reference to Wizard of Oz(by BRAINIAC) and Ajax cleaner(Lois).

~Steve B.

Last edited: