The Leap home music

CynthialovesQuantumLeap

Project QL Intern
Aug 12, 2008
Hi everyone, I been watching Quantum leap season 1 here in NY on G4 and I heard that music the Leap home used in Star Crossed, and also Genesis so far. When was it written. And when did Velton Ray Bunch write it

I think as with many shows, the incidental musician (in this case Velton Ray Bunch) establishes the musical signature and themes of the show when scoring the Pilot episode, and then builds upon those themes during the course of the seasons.

After the Pilot was given over to Bunch, he would have had a few weeks to watch it, come up with a theme to build around, and then recorded a suite or different "stems" to work from.

It's been a while since I watched those episodes. Are you saying a specific track is recycled in all 3 episodes, or do you mean variations on the theme? I know The Leap Home suite is actually found on the Quantum Leap soundtrack CD so you can compare it to the other episodes. The Leap Home variation has quite a bit of harmonica if memory serves. Another episode to hear variations on this theme is The Leap Back.