New QL fan

Snish

Project QL Intern
Sep 10, 2006
Cocono's in the Poconos
Hi, my name is Karen ... and I'm an Al-coholic.

I've been looking forward to saying that. :) I'm a new fan of Quantum Leap. I just discovered the show this year and got totally hooked on it. I've been following this board since I heard about the convention. I finally got time to dig into Al's Place, and I've had so much fun with the video clips, scripts, etc. This is everything a fan could want!

Hello to all of you!

Karen

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

This is indeed the best site, with the best people.

And there's always room for one more!

Welcome to the board! We're always glad to meet new fans; it means the show is still working its magic after seventeen years!

Time Lord said:

Hi... this is making me wonder if I know you from another forum. Or you just write very brief posts! :)

Yep, after 17 years the show is definitely still working magic. I'm kicking myself for not discovering it sooner. Back when it was on the air, I didn't own a TV or have access to one. Long story... anyway, it was a piece of fan fiction that finally let me know that I should check this out, so hooray for fan fiction. Then I taped a marathon of episodes from the SciFi channel, which included "A Leap for Lisa." That was it, I was hooked. And I'm just having a ball.

Thanks for all your warm welcomes.

Snish said:
Hi... this is making me wonder if I know you from another forum. Or you just write very brief posts! :)

Yep, after 17 years the show is definitely still working magic. I'm kicking myself for not discovering it sooner. Back when it was on the air, I didn't own a TV or have access to one. Long story... anyway, it was a piece of fan fiction that finally let me know that I should check this out, so hooray for fan fiction. Then I taped a marathon of episodes from the SciFi channel, which included "A Leap for Lisa." That was it, I was hooked. And I'm just having a ball.

Thanks for all your warm welcomes.

Interestingly enough it was a piece of fanfiction that got me hooked on "Forever Knight" - a wonderful crossover where Sam leaped into Nick Knight.
Though I had never even heard of FK, the leap story was so well written that it made me care about the character and want to know more.

Can we ask what particular story it was that aroused your interest in the series, and where you happened across it?

leaper1 said:
Can we ask what particular story it was that aroused your interest in the series, and where you happened across it?

I think it's called "Quantum Hulk"--a crossover with Incredible Hulk. It's one of Jane Leavell's, on her site. It was recommended on a board for IH, and when I read it I finally got how QL worked. I had heard of QL in the late nineties, but I didn't hear enough to understand it. (I thought, what, do they have a different actor playing Sam every week? That would never work.) I had a TV by then, but very few channels, so I couldn't watch it anyway.

It's interesting to me that QL and Hulk have basically the same format--scientist does ill-advised experiment on himself and winds up wandering around helping other people with their problems, but can't solve his own.