Prayer call please

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
My mother, who will be 82 tomorrow (MON 28th) went to stay with relatives this morning.

They called this afternoon to say she had been taken ill and passed out. Luckily she didn't fall at all. The paramedics they called said her blood pressure was low and she has been taken to hospital for checks.

She is a long way from home and I can't get there to be with her.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

You have my Prayers

I hope she's ok. I have low blood pressure myself. It can be a difficult thing.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I phoned the hospital a little while ago and they said she was stable.
They are keeping her in overnight for observation as they don't know what caused it. She will have further blood tests etc in the morning, and if they are satisfied they'll let her go home to my Aunt and Uncle's house.

Though it is frustrating that she is around 125 miles away and I cannot be with her, it may be a blessing in disguise that she was away when it happened.

Firstly, she was not at home alone when she passed out. I saw her yesterday and she was fine. Being holiday weekend, I would probably not have been in touch again until mid morning tomorrow when I called to say happy birthday. Had she fallen downstairs or something, she could have been in a far more serious condition.

Secondly, the medical staff down in Portsmouth seem to be taking very good care of her. Around here, she probably wouldn't even have had a home visit, much less been admitted for tests.

I'll call the hospital again in the morning and update you. Meantime, keep the good wishes flowing please mes amies.

I will surley include her in my prayers, well assuming I remember to say them sadly I don't always. My grandmother on my moms side is about the same age and a heart patient. Shes sees the doctors at Kiaser so much that they can in a way be consitered a second family to her. So my family and I are very familiar with this kind of thing.

Mum has been released from hospital and is back at my aunt and uncle's house.
They still haven't discovered what caused her to pass out, but have declared her ok so long as she takes it easy.

She is due to come home on Sunday, so we are hoping by then she will be up to the drive. She has promised to go steady and pull over if she feels the least bit under the weather.

It is times like this I wish she would carry a mobile phone. I gave her one, but she used it so rarely she allowed the battery to go so flat it would not hold a charge. I have offered her a new one, but she won't have it. She is not really comfortable with 'modern technology' - it took me years to persuade her to have a video recorder.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts and prayers.