90's Movie Trivia Challenge

Close but no cigar!

Samantha Beckett said:
Did they remake "It's a Wonderful Life" in the 90's? lol

Samantha Beckett

Not "It's a Wonderful Life" Claire, but you ARE on the right sort of lines.

McDuck said:
Meet Joe Black?

Ding ding ding

Correct!

Your turn Jennie

I love that film, brings tears to my eyes every time when he makes his speech at the birthday party.
I think Anthony Hopkins is a fabulous actor.

A late night call to a talk show sparks unwanted interest for this architect, or so he thinks.

Al's Handlink said:
yeah I am Jennie

A man is able to see the ghost of a teenage girl, but only after being hypnotized by his sister-in-law.

"Stir of Echoes (1999)"

Based upon two stories by a writer from the 1800?s.

First story: A cheating woman brings a psychiatrist to hypnotize his husband, who?s on his deathbed, so he can sign all his material richness over to her. He then dies and seeks for revenge when he gets stuck between this world and the world beyond.

Second story: It?s going to be really hard to get rid of this cat.

Samantha Beckett said:
Second Story..."That Darn Cat"?

Samantha Beckett

The film consists of those two tales (Note: I didn't give up the name of each tale though). The name of the entire movie is...

Al's Handlink said:
I have a feeling that it would have something to do with Edgar Allan Poe

Probably.

Choose: Hint - Another Clue - Nothing (you have guessed).

Al's Handlink said:
The Black Cat

You were really close there. Try again. "The Black Cat" is, in fact, the name of the second story, but remember this movie consists of two stories (or segments). The name of the movie differs so much from the tales' titles.

Hint: Directed by two Horror Masters (one of them famous for the original "Living Dead" film).

No more hints.

Choose: Anther Clue - Nothing (already guessed).

I caved and looked the answer up on IMDB. So, as per the rules, I will not post it. But I would never had guessed it otherwise. I have never even heard of it. It apperently had a VERY limited release in the states, (And in most places went straight to video)

But I am a HUGE fan of Edgar Allan Poe. (As evedenced by the fact that part of my Quote is from Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven, Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.)

But, The reason I knew that The Black Cat was part of it, I read that story in Highschool, and it was EXCELLENT. I have since forgotton that it even existed.

But, since you reminded me of it, I picked up my copy of The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe to reread it. I highly suggest everyone here read it as well.

Just remember that it is Edgar Allan Poe and his stories are horror stories and he pulled no punches.

Here is a link to the story. http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/poe/works/blackcat.html