1102 Fathers and Daughters

Fathers and Daughters

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Fathers and Daughters
May 21, 1996

Chicago, Illinois

When Sam leaps in to find his daughter, Sammy Jo, severely injured from an auto accident, he has no way of knowing that he has changed her history?for the worse.

Written by: M. J. Cogburn

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.5

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
Aaw, VERY moving story, MJ. The whole Abigail storyline had always been one of my favourites back in the "QL TV days" so I was happy to "meet" her again. I loved that look she shares with Sam, when she's suddenly reminded of Will Kinman, and also the cameo appearance of Angelita - I just wish those two short hints could have been a little more developed: pretty frustrating in the end! But a GREAT story nevertheless.

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
Very moving story. I really liked it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
This was a great stand-alone story to read after all the chaos and turbulence of the recent season-ending/season-opening trilogy. I think it was a nice touch to link Angelita into the story as well, even if it was meant to be a brief cameo. It just shows that Sam will always hold a place in Angelita's heart, even when she's unable to help him directly.

It was also nice seeing Abigail again. It must have been painful for Sam to hide behind Philip's aura, knowing he couldn't tell her who he really was, and I think those emotions were shown quite nicely in this story. Another great story from the woman who started it all (the Virtual Seasons, that is!) :)

Well done, MJ!

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Great story, MJ!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weitzman (a.k.a. Head Nozzle) said:
An interesting look at the people in Sammie Jo's life outside the Project...getting to meet her stepfather (albeit in the Waiting Room)and her siblings, not to mention the return of Abigail from the original series Trilogy. Sam gets to physically be with his daughter and a past version of Al (the hand on the shoulder and Sam turns to see Al was a nice touch). Also nice to see Angelita again. With Damon's previous story bringing back Alia (altho not permanently), I wonder what other past characters the TVS writers plan to bring back. Nicely done, MJ, I look forward to seeing what else you have for this season.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
M.J. did a wonderful job with this story. We could really feel Al's confusion. As we could with Sam's emotions. Nice Job.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Well done, MJ!!!!!

Interesting twist..considering Damon's story last week reveals Sammie Jo is pregnant with Izzy and then this wek she is killed which negates Damon's story and causes a major paradox until Sam corrects the timeline.

Sam reunited with Abigail was a nice part of the plot. Not remembering Donna and all his feeling for Abigail flooding back to him and trying to repress them...Sam is one tortured soul indeed...

I also liked how Sammie Jo's stepfather took a "You-brought-me-here-against-my-will" stance....(hmmm..wonder why...hehe..;-) )

LOL!! Boy, Greg, you really like finding connections in everything, dontcha? :p

Yup, going from a trilogy that somewhat focused on Sammy Jo and the next crossroads in her life to a story focusing on a dark chapter in her past... coincidence or clever scheduling? Makes you wonder, doesn't it? ;)

Seriously though, this was a great story that stands on its own. It focused on Sammy Jo's past, so there really wasn't any connection to my story, but it's still kind of cool to segueway from my epilogue into MJ's leap. I actually added the bit about Sammy Jo's accident in my story after I knew hers would be next. The TV show used to do that sometimes, so I thought it would be a nice touch.

Wonderful story, MJ! I always look forward to see what you have up your sleeve! :)

Hey MJ, great story! It was good to finally find out what happened to Abigail after she could finally get her life on track (thanks to Sam, of course!). Poor Sammy Jo... I also thought of the connection to Damon's trilogy and how if she died, and Zoey was supposed to leap into her, but then who would have been leaped into, if Sam hadn't returned home as well? :b Ah, time travel!

Angelita's return was fun too... too bad Sam didn't listen to her - doesn't he know a Peurto Rican is always right? ;)

... Mike. ^_^

Another lovely 'heart story' idea, with the Sam/Al touch on the shoulder, and Sammi-Jo having her real father there when she needed him.
The silver lining to my dental appointment - I got to read this in the waiting room! Waiting room.... hmmmm.....