Question for Scott

StrayStar

Project QL Intern
Dec 17, 2010
Romania
quantum-stills.blogspot.com
I'm going to this convention in Germany at the end of April and apparently Scott will be there doing 2 panels. I'm thinking of asking him a question and I'd like to get your opinion on it.

I'd like to ask him how much of himself, his own personality and experience, he puts into creating characters and how much of it is purely creative work based on his imagination and acting training. I would be asking that because especially with the character of Sam Beckett he was so natural and believable that for a while there you actually thought he was Sam. He managed to make Sam very real and very alive, and I'd like to know just how that's done. So do you think that's a good question?

I only hope I work up the courage to ask him and don't chicken out of it at the last minute. This will be my first event of this kind and I've never had the chance to meet one of my favorite actors before. I'm afraid that I'll get intimidated by him and the other people there. I'm usually not very brave when it comes to mixing with large groups of people. But I hope that won't be the case.

Thanks!

^ Thanks, Chicken Boo!

You're right, from what I've seen, Scott seems like a very nice guy, so there's no real reason to be nervous after all. I hope I manage to get to the microphone and ask him. I expect there will be A LOT of people wanting to do the same.

Either way, it'll be wonderful to actually meet him. I still can't get my head around that. I'll probably believe it when it happens.

Last edited:
You're quite welcome! He really is a great guy, very down-to-earth. And if you start to feel nervous, remember this: He puts his pants on the same way you do - feet first!

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

He really is a great guy, very down-to-earth.
Yeah, that's one of the things I love about him, that he acts like a regular person and is not in the least conceited. I'm really impressed by people who have really made something of themselves and are not arrogant about it.

And if you start to feel nervous, remember this: He puts his pants on the same way you do - feet first!
True. He even puts his dress on the same way I do! :lol I just couldn't resist that.

Be sure to let us know how it goes!
Absolutely! I'll try and snap some pictures too. Boy, I can't wait...

I promised I would follow up on this, so I am. I didn't ask, in the end. The whole thing was a little too much for me. But the question itself wasn't important. I'm just very happy that I got to see him for real and shake his hand. That was really wonderful.