Empiricalfilm.com - Bootleg QL DVDs

MikeKraken

Project QL Intern
Dec 20, 2002
Canada
mikekraken.canadianwebs.com
I know that this has been posted before somewhere, but I thought I'd bring it back into the light... I was on the QL-RPG Yahoo! Group and saw an advertising banner at the bottom... I thought, "What the heck? A four-volume, 20-disc set of QL?" Maybe I missed something in the past few months of my absence from the board... but nope, it's that bootleg site.

How are they getting away with this? Why hasn't Universal shut them down? They can't even get the episode names right (see the last few of season five), not to mention they are ripping off the cover art from season one.

http://empiricalfilm.com/products.p...quantum leap&OVKEY=quantum leap&OVMTC=content is the link for those of you who haven't seen it before.

Not only is this ripping off of QL annoying, but their Web site is butt-ugly. <LOL>

... Mike. ^_^

Yeah, I don't know how they haven't been shut down yet myself. Although, I have to admit that I don't feel too bad that Universal is being ripped off.

EDIT: The evil bat face doesn't seem to be working and instead I get this: :bat lol

Update on Imperical Films DVD's

I got a response back from Universal today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the "Quantum Leap" DVDs you found on E-Bay. We have forwarded the information you sent us to our Internet Anti-piracy Department for immediate attention.

We appreciate your concern and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,
USHE - CR

Sincerely,
Universal Studios Home Entertainment

I didn't say they were on Ebay in my original email, so I sent them back a correction with the link to that site again.

Ahhhhh......mail-bots.....aren't they a wonderful thing? I bet you your next auto-reply says the same thing. <g>