Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
elliemae
Waiting Room Visitor

Default Hopes Shattered

Just have to share my disappointment! Last nite, 2/28, my son informed me that he saw a flyer for the Meijer stores (similar to Wal-Mart, but not as big) claiming that Season 4 was being released on 2/28 and that they would have it available. Knowing my son's fondness for practical jokes and the way he likes to rease me about QL, I didn't believe him. But he continued and was so sincere, that we made the trip into Meijers. Sure enough, in the flyer, was Season 4. I was so excited, hoping that MAYBE I could get it. But no! Not available! It's funny, earlier in the day I was thinking WOW! only 4 more weeks. After this, it's AUGH!!! 4 more weeks!

I'm thinking of suing Meijers & their ad agency for emotional distress--waddya think?

elliemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliemae
Just have to share my disappointment! Last nite, 2/28, my son informed me that he saw a flyer for the Meijer stores (similar to Wal-Mart, but not as big) claiming that Season 4 was being released on 2/28 and that they would have it available. Knowing my son's fondness for practical jokes and the way he likes to rease me about QL, I didn't believe him. But he continued and was so sincere, that we made the trip into Meijers. Sure enough, in the flyer, was Season 4. I was so excited, hoping that MAYBE I could get it. But no! Not available! It's funny, earlier in the day I was thinking WOW! only 4 more weeks. After this, it's AUGH!!! 4 more weeks!

I'm thinking of suing Meijers & their ad agency for emotional distress--waddya think?
If I was the judge in that case, I'd award you maximum compensation!

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

I'm suddenly glad I haven't been to Meijer recently. If I'd seen that advertisement, and the DVD hadn't been there, I'd've had a fit.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

I like Meijers, our family always makes a "Meijer run" whenever we go up to Michigan for family reunions...but if that happened to me, I would've freaked too. That sucks! The end of March is gonna be a huge money vacuum for me...QL on the 28th and Kingdom Hearts 2 on the 29th. I'm sure glad I've got a temp job so I can buy them! lol

Samantha Beckett
Old 03-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

it was made clear a while ago that it was being released march 26? or 28? one of them.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliemae

Whew, I thought this thread was going to confirm that Season 4 had its music butchered again. The threat is over...for now.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut
Whew, I thought this thread was going to confirm that Season 4 had its music butchered again. The threat is over...for now.
: Hope springs eternal, eh, Chris?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #8
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut
I did too. Whoo. That's a relief.

Guess that thread still won't appear for another 4 weeks
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote