No booklet inside Quantum Leap set?

L

leaper4ever

I purchased my Quantum Leap set and noticed there was no insert booklet inside. Why did they go through the trouble of creating a slot for a booklet, but there be none except for an ad sheet for the film "Reality Bites"? Was this a mistake in packaging or were all sets deprived of a booklet? Anyone else have a problem with this?

I was just noticing this the past weekend... Like Dermot said, they probably just buy the DVD cases in huge bulk, and they simply didn't have a booklet for QL... I guess all of the episodes are written on the back of the case, but it still would have been nice to have a booklet inside with a list and a short description, even if the DVDs contain descriptions.

Oh well, the DVDs are more than enjoyable!!

... Mike. ^_^

I just got my copy of the QL DVD's last night (was holding out to get them for my birthday) It too noticed that it seemed something should be in the spot of the pocket, I wondered why it was there (especially since it cuts right down the center of Scotts face, pictured on that flap), but I suppose it makes sense that they are bought in mass quantities. Either way, Mike's right...the DVD's are GREAT!!!

Lack of extras

Yeah what a shame about the DVD extras being limited. What's the deal with Universal? How can you refuse to use existing footage to add more DVD extras like any other company does? The DVDs are great as is, however the "hidden messages" to fans aren't anything major, I don't think they should make them hidden. I don't know but I have a bone to pick with Universal...I hear they are the reason no official QL toys were ever made either!

Re: Lack of extras

Because I've said it before and I'll say it again... Universal SUCKS!!!

After watching the entirety of the Sliders DVDs this week, I've come to the conclusion that Universal is being run by morons! They have absolutely no concept of what people want on DVDs, how to market themselves, or anything else for that matter. It's so blatantly obvious if you watch a couple of Sliders episodes, that Universal did such a shoddy half-assed rush job on them. I mean, they're fine for the most part, but there are tiny details... little things that you notice that could have been improved on if they had just taken a little bit more time and effort to deal with them.

This, coupled with the numerous complaints I've been hearing about Universal DVDs in general, now makes me slightly worry that Universal will somehow screw up the QL Season 2 set, especially since they're rushing to release it so soon after Season 1. Season 1 wasn't perfect, but it was still satisfactory... My main concern is that Season 2 has a lot more episodes than the 1st season did; there's a greater chance that the people in charge are going to miss something, and if that happens, we're not going to like it one bit. So, I'm going to make a suggestion... I think we should all deluge Universal with letters NOW expressing our concerns and insist that they take into account what we want BEFORE the 2nd season DVDs become available. I'd rather wait a bit longer and make sure they get it right the first time, rather than buy it only to find out that some episodes got messed up (leap endings out of sequence, or whatever).

What do you all think?