Blue Smoke

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
Hey, some of you remember Julia (Jmoniz) telling us about a new movie of Scott's to air in Feb? Well its on now and I am currently watching, and taping it. It's pretty intense but cool so far. and Scott looks good still, and his acting is great as usual.

Detective Reena Hale (Witt) is revisited by the stalker who traumatized her years ago by offing any man she fell in love with.
EDIT 2/13/07, to include a better detailed description of the movie and my own review.
that's all IMDB has to say but It's about a lady who despite it's deadliness is fasinated by fire. Her family's resturant burnt down when she was a kid after she was almost raped by a kid at her school. They nail the dad for starting the fire, and when Rina grows up to be a firemen, Joey the son that tried to rape her, is now killing off her boyfriend's with fire and bombs. So she and her partner John have to catch this guy.

Rina narrirates the beginning of the movie, and I just love the words she uses to describe the fire and how she was facinated by it. She had a great vocab and used great words. Plus John, Scott's charactor was also good and not just because he's Scott although honest to God, that was most of it hehe. But he had a good personality and cared about Rina, he defended her real well at the hospital where her second boyfriend died and this FBI guy took the evidence from her.

The storyline and charactors were both great and it was very dramatic and intriging. I found it to be a good movie.

Last edited:
I enjoyed "Blue Smoke" last night. It's not the sort of movie I'd normally go for but it was a good way to pass a Monday night. I burned it to DVD so once I finalize the DVD and pop it in my computer, I'll have some screencaps from it.

jmoniz said:
I enjoyed "Blue Smoke" last night. It's not the sort of movie I'd normally go for but it was a good way to pass a Monday night. I burned it to DVD so once I finalize the DVD and pop it in my computer, I'll have some screencaps from it.

Cool, how do you do that?

newleaper said:
I enjoyed it as well. It was a neat story, and nice to see Scott again.

I couldn't have put it better myself :)

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Cool, how do you do that?
I'm not being facetious answering this but I'm honestly going to choose "finalize" from the menu on the DVD recorder and then play it back on my laptop and pull screencaps from it. It's the same method I use whenever I record to DVD.

Thanks. The Nora Robert's movies are supposed to get a commercial release to DVD (I think Blue Smoke is expected sometime in October). As soon as they are, I'll have to re-cap it so that they're better quality.

After the long hair (I don't care if it was for a role or not ;) ) Scott's hair in Blue smoke was great. I like it that mid-length not really as short as Archer's was.