What do you want to see at the convention?

I've just thought of something else that I'd like to see (if it's possible :p).

One of my favourite episodes was "A Song For The Soul" and I really love Tammy Townsend's (Lynette's) voice. If Tammy agrees to attend, if she could be asked to perform a couple of songs (including my two favourites from that episode, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" and "Heat Wave") it'd be much appreciated. Oh and if Scott could do Man of La Mancha that'd be awesome too! :p

Janna Galaxy said:
I hope Helen won't mind me butting in here, but I think that looks good! :)

Where on earth did you find a flight to LA for £361? that's goood!

I'm really going to go to this con, I've been ill for years and well to see both my idols in the flesh is too good a chance not to pass up...this must be the reason i'm still alive! :)

Janine

PS Helen never give up hope! :D

PPS I'd just love to see everyone having a great time, to answer Brian's question.

Sorry to butt in too. But i was thinking the same thing. The cheapest flights i could find (based on 2008) was about £530!

And i agree with all thats been said, it will be just good to meet other fans and i think the amosphere will be enough for me to travel over the ocean! (scott and dean are just the ultimate bouns):hurray:

Keep looking for flights, guys, particularly on sites like virginatlantic.co.uk. I've been to LA several times in the last year, and never paid more than £320 for my flights out of Heathrow.

Also, sign up with the frequent flyer programs. Not that I'm pushing Virgin Atlantic or anything, but you can use points plus money and save around £150 off the cost of your flight. If you want me to send you a link to join, just pm me with your e-mail and I'll send you a friend's invite.

Being that there are many musically talented guests visiting, I'd like to hear a few of them performing. For example, Vaughn Armstrong and Richard Herd were part of the Enterprise Blues Band, and performed at quite a few Star Trek cons...

I would also LOVE to see Scott perform "Great Balls Of Fire"... especially if he's in his Carmen Miranda outfit LMAO!

I'm new to forums, so my apologies if I'm doing this wrong...

The last couple of cons I attended had a cabaret night where the guests performed. Some sang, some did sketches and one did a reading. It was a great night and showcased the various talents (both musical and otherwise) of the guests, as speaking for my own abilities not everyone can sing - except in the bath :)

These nights were informal and tons of fun, both for the guests and the attendees. I don't know if any of the guests for LeapBack would be interested in doing anything similar, but I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, that's a great idea! Several of us could get together and write a short QL story and then perform it for others!

Don't worry- I won't sing. I promise.

Or perhaps the winner of the fanfic contest could read their story, if it's not really really long.

naggindragon said:
Also, some of our singing special guests (like Scott Bakula or Tammy Townsend) could perform if they agree :D
When I said guests I was meaning the actors/production staff - my apologies, I obviously wasn't very clear on that. As I said the last con I attended, the guests (actors, writers, etc) put on a cabaret, but not everyone is comfortable performing musically so some of them did comedy sketches or dramatic readings. It was a great mix of entertainment and the stars seemed to really enjoy themselves too.

:)

Cassie said:
When I said guests I was meaning the actors/production staff - my apologies, I obviously wasn't very clear on that. As I said the last con I attended, the guests (actors, writers, etc) put on a cabaret, but not everyone is comfortable performing musically so some of them did comedy sketches or dramatic readings. It was a great mix of entertainment and the stars seemed to really enjoy themselves too.

:)
I love your suggestion!

If you're still looking at guest stars to attend, I would really love to see Ernie Sabella (Manny, Catch a Falling Star). I saw him in a Broadway production years ago, and he didn't seem to be in the mood to sign autographs that day. ;)

Funny that he played an actor who played Sancho in QL, then played him in the Broadway revival a few years back.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! We'll be doing more rounds of invitations to guest stars as the con gets closer. A good number of them might be thinking, "I don't know where I'm going to be a year from now," so we'll check in with them later on. (Among those people is Don Bellisario himself -- his office said to check back in early '09. Our fingers are crossed that he'll be able to participate.)

If you're a writer, you pretty much keep writing until you're six feet under. (Speaking as a writer.) Since Belisarius Productions hasn't folded its tent, I'd be willing to bet he's working on new projects. There's a lot of money to be had in that business.

As far as a revival of QL goes, check out the threads in the Al's Place general forum -- Deborah Pratt is knee-deep in developing new QL.

If he's not busy, I'd love to see John D'Aquino at the con. I've been watching him on "Cory in the House", and I've found him so endearing as "the President of the United States!". :D I'd love the chance to meet him in person.

Joy

CarolD said:
(Among those people is Don Bellisario himself -- his office said to check back in early '09. Our fingers are crossed that he'll be able to participate.)

Glad to hear it! I was wondering what his story was.

I'd love it if John Cullum could attend the con. He was just wonderful in Northern Exposure, which is one of my favorite shows. Several other Northern Exposure folks appeared in Quantum Leap too--I'd be happy to see any of them.

I suspect our guest list might change somewhat as we get closer to the time - there are a number of people we hope will sign onboard once they know what their schedules are. The fine point of it is, most of these folks live in the LA area, so it's a question of just swinging by the hotel for a couple of hours to participate. That's quite different from having to fly to another city and give up an entire weekend (which is the main reason we decided to hold the con in LA).

We did notice that Melora Hardin has the con Friended on MySpace, so we're hoping that means she's keeping us on her radar!

tina_als_girl said:
If he's not busy, I'd love to see John D'Aquino at the con. I've been watching him on "Cory in the House", and I've found him so endearing as "the President of the United States!". :D I'd love the chance to meet him in person.

Joy

Natasha Pavlovich is going to ask him (John D.) at the end of the month when she gets back in the country since we can't seem to get his agent to respond.

Melora's agent told us to contact her again near the end of the year about her attendance. Just found that out yesterday!

John D'Aquino would be great to see, it seems like he's been at every other con. As for John Cullum, as with Ernie Sabella, they're both pretty busy with their Broadway careers, and NYC is a bit of a drive from Hollywood. Nevertheless, if they're available, even better!

While we're at it, let's get Brian Stokes Mitchell too.
Ernie Sabella was in the revival of la Mancha with Mitchell
Mitchell had a recurring role on Frasier as Cam Winston which co-starred Dan Butler
Dan Butler appeared in Mirror Image as Mutta.

See, a direct, clean link between the two. Hmm, this is fun! Any requests? ;)

Six Degrees of Quantum Leap.

Maybe you'd consider putting together a game we could use at the con, Josh? :)

To quote Sam, "Oh boy"

That's quite an undertaking, since there are multiple links that can be made to any actors. Maybe by just drawing two names from a hat and verifying it on IMDB.com?

Something to consider, yes, but right now I'm considering the 100 pages that I have to have read by tomorrow. Here's to procrastination!

Josh said:
Jeffrey Combs was in Deep Space 9 which guest starred Stephen McHattie
Stephen McHattie guest starred as Stawpah in Mirror Image.

Indeed. :hurray:
Also, of course, Jeffrey was Shran the Andorian in Enterprise... :hair