Stargate...

The Rod

Project QL Intern
:bat

Not exactly quantum leap, but when the hell were people going to tell The Rod that Stargate had ended!

What's up with that???

He understands that MGM is now under new ownership and that the stargate franchise is very important......But still.......

The Rod recently watched another very clever (and similar to QL in some respects) show called Awake? It's such a shame that people choose to instead watch The Rod's mortal enemy.......

Why the hell are reality tv shows on EVERY corner of RodTV??? Yet once again clever and interesting shows are nixed.

Has the world gone mad????

Stargate

Many apologies Rodster, I had not realized that you were unaware of the fact that Stargate is no more. It saddens this Rodette too.
The franchise lives on - much like our beloved QL - in fanfic.
***Shameless plug.
I am even currently writing a crossover where Sam leaps into Dr. Daniel Jackson. When I met both Scott Bakula and Michael Shanks at LFCC Michael said it sounded like an interesting experiment. The two characters have quite a bit in common if you think about it.
I have written a story called 'The Long Haul' which can be found at ff.net or on AO3. [It was even reviewed by the Gatecast in one of their podcasts - http://gatecast.co.uk/?s=fanfiction&searchsubmit=] scroll down to the bottom.
***Shameless plug.
There are also many other fanfics from writers far superior to myself - from brief vignettes to mammoth 60+ chapter fics.
I can highly recommend "Razor's Edge" as a powerful short.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3581815/1/Razor-s-Edge
Let me know if you would like me to point you to any others [let me know what type of story you like best. It is all out there!]
I'm happy to fangirl Stargate with you any time, oh great and mighty Rod. Are you on any forums? PM me if you'd like.

Helen

Stargate went from great to just good into its second show, to awful in the third show. The new show had exactly ONE likeable character -- Eli -- a computer geek.

Let's see. One of the main characters is basically a Dr. Smith type character (yes from Lost in Space). Basically a totally unlikeable villain. Then you have a character who attempts to murder another character. And these two characters are on the "good guys" team. ROFL

Sorry, but that's not Stargate to me.

Stargate went from great to just good into its second show, to awful in the third show. The new show had exactly ONE likeable character -- Eli -- a computer geek.

Let's see. One of the main characters is basically a Dr. Smith type character (yes from Lost in Space). Basically a totally unlikeable villain. Then you have a character who attempts to murder another character. And these two characters are on the "good guys" team. ROFL

Sorry, but that's not Stargate to me.

Personally I agree the original Stargate is the best, but I also really enjoyed Atlantis. I've not seen all of Universe, but I'm aware of all the controversy. I think from what I've seen it had potential but was in some ways set up to fail. But yes, Eli is a great character. Having met David Blue & exchanged tweets with him, I can say the actor is really likable too.

The Rod has been re watching sg1, and watching Atlantis and universe. Controversially, The Great One actually liked Universe and most of Atlantis.....not a patch on SG1 though.

He understands that there will be a new Stargate show, be it reboot or some form of continuation?

The Rod has been re watching sg1, and watching Atlantis and universe. Controversially, The Great One actually liked Universe and most of Atlantis.....not a patch on SG1 though.

He understands that there will be a new Stargate show, be it reboot or some form of continuation?

So far as I'm aware there is nothing on the horizon. The sets at Bridge Studios have been struck.
Big Finish are producing audio-books read by the cast - just got me a few for my birthday. And there are quite a few novels too that I've begun to collect.

Most of the cast have moved on to other projects. Michael Shanks is currently starring in 'Saving Hope' [highly recommend!] Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary, plus a lot of directing. RDA is in semi-retirement looking after his daughter. Not sure about Chris Judge. Jason Momoa of course is in Game of Thrones. Can't recall the name of David Hewlett's new project, it starts with a D.

Sad to say, a revival is unlikely. But never say never.

Stargate is my favorite movie! I like all the parts. Even on par with the Quantum leap. And the film Knight rider too good. Sorry for my English, don't know. This translator. I'm from Ukraine :)

Of course by now most people have heard that Roland Emmerich - creator of the original movie, is planning a trilogy of Stargate movies. Unfortunately, they will be based exclusively on the original movie and completely ignore all canon from the series.
I asked Michael Shanks in a Q & A at LFCC last year what he thought of it. He said 'interesting'. Basically, he urged us to give it a chance, but agreed that it sucked they would ignore all the things the fans love, and essentially thumb their noses at the very fans they are relying on for box office numbers.
The consensus seems to be that we should treat it as an AU!

I would like to see of course a continuation of the SGU, but I think the sequel to the original film will also be interesting. I hope future films will not spoil the franchise and will be its complement.