The season building exterior

Zippy leaper

Project QL Intern
Apr 10, 2006
South Carolina
The season 2 intro building exterior

Just recently I have rented the 1979 Gil Gerard Buck Rogers series. I noticed soething in the first season episodes. The exterior shots that they use to show the directorate building is the same building for the PQL season 2 exterior from a different angle! Does anybody know where and what that building is?

Last edited:
That was used in Buck Rogers too? How funny!

The same exterior shot was also used in Battlestar Galactica (a show Bellisario worked on), in the "Greetings from Earth" two-parter.

I don't know where the building is - in fact, I doubt Bellisario knows. The footage is most likely some random stock footage sitting in a vault somewhere at Universal. Bellisario frequently uses stock footage in his shows to help keep them in budget.

In fact, that shot of the building only ever appears in the Season 2 saga sell - never during an actual episode. Once we saw PQL in Seasons 4 and 5, shimmering mountain and all, there was no more need for this stock footage. (And season 3 didn't use any footage either way.)

Hope that helped at least somewhat!

alsplacebartender said:
Someone once said it was part of the University of New Mexico. Anyone ever been there to validate it?

I can't verify that at the moment, but I did a google search on the Uni, and you'll never guess what!
Their online 'newsletter' is called.....

drumroll please....

QUANTUM!!!!

Quote:

Quantum is published by the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Copyright 2003, University of New Mexico. Any reproduction without written permission is strictly prohibited. Send all correspondence to: Editor, Office of Research Services, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131; phone: 505/277-2256; email: wallen@unm.edu. Questions about this Web site can be addressed to: valr@unm.edu.

How's that?!?
;)

I did some online searching and this was the second reference I found:
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/general/faqalsplace.htm#find

Here is what it says:
Q: In the 2nd season credits, what is the building used as the Quantum Leap above-ground structure?
A: The building at the beginning of the 2nd season credits is not the PQL structure above ground - it's the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.
It is interesting you should ask, because the past couple of days, I was wondering the same thing...

Cool thank you all very much. I guess I'll have to plan a trip to Albuquerque. I never would have thought of doing that, but since the building was used in two of my favorite shows I think it'd be worth it.