Server Migration - January 20, 2023

feldon30

Forum Technician
Jul 13, 2005
SC
So that was quite a bit bumpier than I was expecting, but we have successfully migrated Al's Place to new server hardware. The website and forum should run faster. Please let us know if you see any problems! We're also in talks about the possibility of updating to more modern forum software. It would have notifications, newsletters, and much better post editor.

XenForo seems the natural choice. All the main folks who worked on vBulletin left the company and formed XenForo. To me the newsletters and notifications are great, so you don't have to constantly come back to the forum to see if anything new is being discussed. You can get a weekly e-mail telling you what's new and the notifications work like mobile notifications. We would be judicious about this of course so we're not carpet bombing people.

I'm so behind here. I'm so sorry. I am afraid with everything else I have going on that I wouldn't be able to set anything new up or moderate or even afford to pay for it lol. Life, I'm telling you. It would be nice to update the message board, I just don't think I can.

The fact that we have what we have and your amazing site are enough.

And we all understand Life. Life and loved ones always should come first.

I wouldn't be able to set anything new up or moderate or even afford to pay for it lol. Life, I'm telling you. It would be nice to update the message board, I just don't think I can.

The directors of the firm hired to continue this site after the other had been sacked wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

I don't know how or when, but we're going to migrate Al's Place to XenForo.

Okily dokily! Look forward to the details whenever they are ready to go. :)