Lack of News on reboot........

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
It's been a couple of months since casting and for those who cannot sit through 1 hour of Fates wide wheel there seems to be a lack of regular news on the QL reboot.

As much as we are die hard fans therr hasn't been the steady flow of updates on the project. News or interviews of cast n crew, where the show is heading, final edits, are they just shooting the pilot or handful of episodes in the run?

I still have hopes of the reboot but some news wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited:
The pilot has shot and wrapped as of March 30, and NBC won't be making a decision until around mid-May if they decide to order it to series. Honestly, I can't see them not picking the series up, especially with such the huge following that QL has in fandom. Also, to quote quantumleapinfo.net:

Airdate: NBC is presenting its Fall line-up to advertisers in New York on May 16th. We may have an indication then, if not sooner, of a broad airdate. It could be October.

Pilots in 2022: This year sees an all-time low for commissioned pilots, giving Quantum Leap more of a shot than usual at getting picked up, against less competition. As of 10th March 2022, 34 pilots were planned for production (down from 45 in 2021). NBC specifically dropped from 12 in 2021 to just 8 this year, of which: 2 comedies and 6 dramas.

So if and when they make that decision, then they'll begin shooting normal episodes (probably at least 13, as per usual network orders, unless that's changed in recent years). That's also assuming it will air on NBC. If it goes straight to streaming for Peacock, then the order of episodes and number of episodes per season would likely be shorter.

The pilot has shot and wrapped as of March 30, and NBC won't be making a decision until around mid-May if they decide to order it to series. Honestly, I can't see them not picking the series up, especially with such the huge following that QL has in fandom. Also, to quote quantumleapinfo.net:

So if and when they make that decision, then they'll begin shooting normal episodes (probably at least 13, as per usual network orders, unless that's changed in recent years). That's also assuming it will air on NBC. If it goes straight to streaming for Peacock, then the order of episodes and number of episodes per season would likely be shorter.

I have no doubt it will be picked up, they could shoot it in a lock up garage over the weekend and it will be picked up because as you said it has a huge following in QL fandom.