List of S4 DVD Music Replacement?

Well, I usually help provide that information, and, yes, I did pick up Season 4 on Tuesday, but I won't be able to really get around to watching it for at least a month or so. I'll be extraordinarily busy writing, and when I'm not doing that, I'll be helping my father on a photography job he does every year which is very time-consuming.

In the meantime, I could post the information that I compiled in a Word document a while back (because I anticipated the need for future lists). It's probably very far from being complete because, again, I compiled these songs based on information various people provided for The Episode Adoption (TEA) Program in the episode guide:

THE LEAP BACK
?Is You Is or Is You Ain?t My Baby?? Performed by: ? (Unknown)

PLAY BALL
?Traveling Man? Performed by: Ricky Nelson

HURRICANE
?It?s a Beautiful Morning? Performed by: The Rascals

RUNNING FOR HONOR
?Easier Said Than Done? Performed by: The Essex

TEMPTATION EYES
?I Want to Know What Love Is? Performed by: Foreigner (Brian said this was OMITTED... no big surprise there) :rolleyes

IT?S A WONDERFUL LEAP
?Someone to Watch Over Me? Performed by: George Gershwin
?Somewhere? Performed by: Stephen Sondheim (for ?West Side Story?)

MOMENTS TO LIVE
?All I Have to Do Is Dream? Performed by: The Everly Brothers

STAND-UP
?Orange Colored Sky? Performed by: Natalie Cole (?)
?Someday You?ll Find? (?)
?World Is Brighter? (?)

A LEAP FOR LISA
?April Love? Performed by: Pat Boone

If anyone else knows about any songs I may have missed (which I'm sure I probably have) and/or which songs have been replaced or not, don't hesitate to post them here or even on the stickied DVD list and I'll get around to adding it at my earliest convenience.

Damon

For "Wonderful Leap" I think the performed by you're looking for is Liz Torres <g>

As pissed off as I was about "Temptation Eyes," I did need my QL fix, so I purchased the Season 4 set tonight. So far I've only watched "Permanent Wave," and while I don't know the names of the songs that were removed, I'm pretty sure everything that was originally there was omitted.

I noticed it was the same generic music used in Season 3's "Private Dancer." I tried looking up original songs on the episode guide on this site, but there were none listed, so I'm not sure. I don't remember the original music in this episode, but since it was the same mix ("Generic Instrumental Mix #4"──heh) I knew music was omitted.

The weird thing is, it seems they kept songs in scenes where they actually could have been omitted without much damage. At least, for the purposes of saving money for the important songs like, say, "I Want To Know What Love Is"!

Apparently Pat Boone doesn't cost too much. "April Love" is still in A Leap for Lisa. I think I remember hearing "It's a Beautiful Morning" in Hurricane, too.

bluedana said:
Apparently Pat Boone doesn't cost too much. "April Love" is still in A Leap for Lisa. I think I remember hearing "It's a Beautiful Morning" in Hurricane, too.

Yes, those were actually the songs I noticed, only I couldn't think of them when I posted. I also found it especially odd that Universal kept those songs because no one sung or referenced them in those scenes. Perhaps they had a certain budget that they were willing to spend before they even tampered with Season 4, and since they obviously don't care about the show (or any of their other shows, for that matter), they simply randomly kept certain songs?