Saga Cell Question

QL Nut

Project QL Intern
Apr 4, 2004
Long Island, NY
When I watched "The Leap Back," I noticed that it utilized Season 3's saga cell. Was this how the episode was when it originally aired? I can't tell if it's a mistake or not because certain scenes from Season 4's saga cell show many Season 4 episodes. It may have originally aired that way to keep the "surprise" of things in "The Leap Back" before it aired...

QL Nut said:
When I watched "The Leap Back," I noticed that it utilized Season 3's saga cell. Was this how the episode was when it originally aired?
Yup, it most certainly was, Chris. :)
QL Nut said:
It may have originally aired that way to keep the "surprise" of things in "The Leap Back" before it aired...
I'm sure that was why, too. ;)

Damon

I have another saga sell question: Was it my imagination, or was there a red leap in the saga sell for "Dreams?" What was the deal with that?

LadyKayoss said:
I have another saga sell question: Was it my imagination, or was there a red leap in the saga sell for "Dreams?" What was the deal with that?

Wow, you're right! My only guess is that perhaps since the networks always tampered with the saga cells in syndication (they only used the Season 4 one for all seasons), the original airing of "Dreams" may have had its color slightly off, and none of us ever saw it again. But you're right, that's really weird!

I've also noticed that there's a hint of red when Sam leaps in "Liberation." I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, though, because there was the red glow of fire around him when he leaped in.

It's the opening where Ziggys says, "Theorizing that one could Time Travel with-in his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelorator, And Vanished..." And so on and so forth

QL Nut said:
I've also noticed that there's a hint of red when Sam leaps in "Liberation." I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, though, because there was the red glow of fire around him when he leaped in.

These must be bad copies of the episodes, because they didn't air that way originally. What you're seeing certainly wasn't intentional. As far as the red in "Dreams", no, I'm a QL fan from back in the day. I've seen all the original broadcasts, remember all the nuances, and no, that wasn't there.

Aphelion said:
As far as the red in "Dreams", no, I'm a QL fan from back in the day. I've seen all the original broadcasts, remember all the nuances, and no, that wasn't there.

Really? That's intriguing. It may just be a mistake, but it certainly adds to the mood of the episode.

Reading this dicussion reminds me that when the saga cell has a reddish blue (indigo like) hue, I have more Quantum Leap dreams. I better not try to examine this too closely, however. It might drive me a little crazier.

LadyKayoss said:
Really? That's intriguing. It may just be a mistake, but it certainly adds to the mood of the episode.

I watched "Dreams" on the R1 DVD and noticed the reddish tint on the saga cell Leap-in. It just looks like a color saturation issue. I'm certain it wasn't intentional.