From airport to hotel

sparkyclarkie

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2008
Swindon UK
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but ive been looking at the different ways to get from LAX airport to the con hotel.
My flight gets in at 20.30 hours on the thursday and was looking at the metro but is it safe at that time in the evening and roughly how long would it take? Im also abit worried about getting lost!

Im thinking i might be better getting the super shuttle, if i was to book that in advance what time should i say to pick me up, how long should i leave it after my flight gets in? Also how long would that take to get to the hotel?

The leap back website has been very useful but having never been to the U.S its abit scary.

Sparkyclarkie: No worries. I'll come get you. How's that?

My email is: marcblee@embarqmail.com. Send me mail and I'll send you my mobile number so you can keep in touch once you touch down. I arrive from Orlando on the 24th.

Keep in touch (Watch your hands tho!!!)

P.S. And since I'm in the neighborhood on that day at that time, I can fit in a few more blokes (I said blokes. hehe!) in the vehicle my friend is loaning me if they are within 1 hour of Sparky getting in. I hate LA traffic and don't like LAX much too.

Sparky: PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME OF THIS BECAUSE I "WILL" FORGET!!! Old age and laying out on the beach too damn much!

Hey Marc.. how well do you sleep at night?
fansy come picking me up on the night between the 25th & 26th?
I lan on the 25th at 10:45pm.... I don't suppose I'll be out before midnight, seeing I'm coming from Israel & all...

What do you say?
:)

Sorry Ezilzha. It would have to be on the same day (thought I said that?) and within an hour of Sparky's. Change your flight to get close to Sparky and I could probably do it. I'm a single day single hour cab service.

You'll be ok with a shuttle. Be careful and see 'ya at the con. :)

Oh my goodness thank you that would be brilliant.:bow Can i just check with you though its the thursday evening i land (26th) not the 24th. Not sure if you was just getting over excited by having an english lass in your car and miss read what evening it was (HA HA):roflmao:. I will drop you mail as soon as ive got 5!

The 26th is fine. I'll be checked into the hotel by then (I think) and I don't mind having funny talking foreigners in my vehicle. Btw, on the freeway, if you stick your hand out the window and lift your middle finger, it means hello to most Angelos (let's see how long it takes her to figure this out). You should try it. Just let me know when you're doing it so I can...em...urrr....reach for my hair brush that just fell on the floor. :)

Still sorry Ezilzha but check with me closer to the event. Things may change.

Btw, on the freeway, if you stick your hand out the window and lift your middle finger, it means hello to most Angelos (let's see how long it takes her to figure this out). You should try it. Just let me know when you're doing it so I can...em...urrr....reach for my hair brush that just fell on the floor.

Thank you. I'll just assume now that everyone's saying hello to me the next time I drive down the road. :lol

And regarding the Supershuttle, if you are worried about the time to book it, I believe that you can just go out the airport to the area where they are and get one going to Burbank.

I didn't catch if you were overseas or not but I believe you can call them and give them the question and your flight information and they can advise you.

It just crossed my mind that as everyone books flights we may be able to work out some shuttle sharing. Might help on the price!

That sounds great! :cheers

Then a list should be made, whose coming when?

I land on 25th March, at 10:45 pm at LAX. (I arrive from Israrel, so I probably won't be out till close to midnight)

next?

Super Shuttle are very easy to use and good value for money. There's no need to pre-book: when you hit arrivals, just follow the signs for ground transportation, and you'll see where Super Shuttle picks up. One of the Super Shuttle Employees will ask you where you are headed, and they will match you to a van going in that direction.

You may have to circle the terminals a couple of times to load the van up, and make some stops at hotels for drop offs, but I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a van, and at (last time I took one) $15 per person it's worth it.

As for the return trip, I believe you can book it with the driver or via phone.

Super Shuttle are very easy to use and good value for money. There's no need to pre-book: when you hit arrivals, just follow the signs for ground transportation, and you'll see where Super Shuttle picks up. One of the Super Shuttle Employees will ask you where you are headed, and they will match you to a van going in that direction.

and at (last time I took one) $15 per person it's worth it.

On their site it says that it's 20$ per person (which is still, nothing). However, it is recommended, in their site, to pre-book a ride, so they'd know how many people they have for the ride.

What do you think?

Do they work 24h a day? I hope so, coz I'll need them at around midnight, or so...

Sparkyclarkie: No worries. I'll come get you. How's that?

My email is: marcblee@embarqmail.com. Send me mail and I'll send you my mobile number so you can keep in touch once you touch down. I arrive from Orlando on the 24th.

Keep in touch (Watch your hands tho!!!)

P.S. And since I'm in the neighborhood on that day at that time, I can fit in a few more blokes (I said blokes. hehe!) in the vehicle my friend is loaning me if they are within 1 hour of Sparky getting in. I hate LA traffic and don't like LAX much too.

Sparky: PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME OF THIS BECAUSE I "WILL" FORGET!!! Old age and laying out on the beach too damn much!

I have emailed you about five days ago, can i just check with you that you did recive it. (i do tend to make a mess of these things :disbelief)
Also how are you going to pick me up from the airport on the thursday evening when you could possible be bowling or will you be multi-tasking?

Hi Sparkie. No worries and I did get your email. Don't worry. We have a while to figure this out but I'm pretty good at organization so feel safe that you will be retrieved. Women fret. Men just do.

Thanks Hun. I have to agree with you iam a women who frets (sorry to let the side down ladies) If im not worrying then im worrying as to why i ve got nothing to worry about. :wacko