I get paid for this!

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
The largest part of my job is digitising programmes from TV to be played on computer either individually or via a projector to a group.
Sometimes I have to sit through dreadful, boring, patronising rubbish. Once, it was something so gross I'm not even going to mention it here.
Sometimes I get to watch and edit really interesting documentaries or dramas.
Once in a while, I get a real treat.
Like a few weeks back when we had some issues at school with homophobic bullying and I was asked to put a film on the system that dealt with the issue. I suggested they might also like 'Running for Honor' which I imported for them, and they were thrilled with it. So I got paid to watch it again! Yay.
:hurray:
Today, I got a bonus.
I was asked to edit the film "Gentleman's Agreement" which aired yesterday, as it deals with anti-semitism. It is an old black and white film from 1947 so I expected it to be quite dull. I soon perked up when the opening credits listed a certain Dean Stockwell! Now where had I heard that name before, hmmm?
He plays the main character's son, supposed to be about 10 years old I guess. Oh, boy was Dean a cute kid! Adorable, absolutely adorable.
Awww, bless!
Sometimes, I really love my job!

He got a Special Golden Globe award for Best Juvenile Actor for the role!

Last edited:
Wow, that must have been fun! Especially because you probably had the Quantum Leap theme running through your head through most of it. :lol

Speaking of the QL theme...
They have been running a competition on the radio over here to 'guess the year' and clues are things like 'the year Nintendo launched', 'the year dyson vacuums were invented' and the big hit films of the year and tv of the year by clips from their theme tunes etc.
Yesterday there were lots of obscure clues that could have been anything from '85 to '95 from my poor memory. There was one one theme I said 'definitely a detective sort of show, maybe Poirot' - which it was. They played a bit of 'Under the Sea' from 'Little Mermaid' but I didn't remember the year.. Then the last tune rang a loud bell.
"That last one was probably a bit tough for most of you" says DJ Dale Winton, "I loved the show but wouldn't have remembered the theme."
I was jumping up and down in my seat saying '89, it's '89 that was Quantum Leap!
I couldn't call in cos we were in the car at the time. Tough? To me that was the easiest clue by far. :lol

That was a fun story, though I can see being a bit annoyed about knowing the answer to a radio question like that, but not having the ability to phone in.