Sam Home

When i first saw the last ep, i was gutted he never went home he deserved it so much. But in saying that i've always loved that idea of sam is still leaping. The only thing that bothers me now is how they made it so Sam dosent have Al so im glad it ended at 5, if Al wasnt there in the 6th it wouldnt be the same :)

BTW im new here and would like to say hi to everyone x

Lightning McQueenie said:
Sam still has Al...

In the last ep, he went back to Al's first wife and told her to wait, he would have neer carryed on in the project i think or even the navy maybe who knows..... the impression i got was that she waited for him and they setteled down an Al wasnt in the project :D but the ending has always been one to make you'r own mind up x

Come to think of it....

Mirror image was not exactly a ......

how should I say it????

all your questions are answered episode.

Its too many questions and you interprete the answers kinda episode.

And MY impression, and I say, MY, was that when sam helped beth, he did it without al.

But then again, who knows????

I'm not taking anybodies side here, its just what I think!

:)

Last edited:
I believe Bellisario has said that in his conception of the series, Sam and Al still would have met and been partners even after Sam went back and told Beth to wait. I believe he explained that they were fated to meet no matter what.

jmoniz said:
I believe Bellisario has said that in his conception of the series, Sam and Al still would have met and been partners even after Sam went back and told Beth to wait. I believe he explained that they were fated to meet no matter what.

Thanks, was just about to say that...

jmoniz said:

But what about when Sam leaped into young Al, (leap for lisa) he changed history Al was no longer he's compaion and he had to change it back, i think at this poin we have all decided how it ended in our own minds ;) we each enjoy the program in our own way.

peace out x

Changing the subject slightly, if im remembering this right didnt they leap the young al back and he saved Lisa at the end, so my question is if lisa was saved did al ever marry Lisa? If not why not?

ziggystardust* said:
But what about when Sam leaped into young Al, (leap for lisa) he changed history Al was no longer he's compaion and he had to change it back.

In ALFL Al stopped being Sam's compaion because Al was dead...he was executed for the "murder" Sam/young Al was blamed for.

isz said:
In ALFL Al stopped being Sam's compaion because Al was dead...he was executed for the "murder" Sam/young Al was blamed for.

true, but the thing was was they ment to meet? no i dont think so the whole concept of the program is we can change what was, what is and what is meant to be surly??? after all Sam is only human as are we :)

ziggystardust* said:
true, but the thing was was they ment to meet? no i dont think so the whole concept of the program is we can change what was, what is and what is meant to be surly??? after all Sam is only human as are we :)

Since Sam had to "fix" history so that Al would not be executed...and go on to meet Sam...I think we can assume from that that were meant to meet. Otherwise, when Sam didn't accomplish his mission, why didn't he just leap out with the status quo.

jmoniz said:
Since Sam had to "fix" history so that Al would not be executed...and go on to meet Sam...I think we can assume from that that were meant to meet. Otherwise, when Sam didn't accomplish his mission, why didn't he just leap out with the status quo.

his mission was to save lisa and find the killer, the real killer. If they was meant to meet of not project QL would have still gone ahead as we saw with the other side kick :p anyways Al is a legend as is Sam and togeter they are beter than apart. but i still think it ended with Sam being alone ;)

ziggystardust* said:
his mission was to save lisa and find the killer, the real killer. If they was meant to meet of not project QL would have still gone ahead as we saw with the other side kick :p

I think it's still generally true that they were going to meet no matter what changes happened in their lives, but death would have to be an exception to that. They can't meet if one of them is dead. We saw in "Leap for Lisa" that the project would go ahead with a different Observer if Al was dead. If Sam himself died, would there be a project at all? Maybe some other genius-hero would turn up to do it.

sparkyclarkie said:
Changing the subject slightly, if im remembering this right didnt they leap the young al back and he saved Lisa at the end, so my question is if lisa was saved did al ever marry Lisa? If not why not?

Lisa was already married to someone else. So, for whatever reason, she probably didn't get divorced. We know from Mirror Image that Al still married Beth.

And before mirror Image it was 5 other women, but was Lisa one of them, I take it not cause Beth was his first wife.

Lisa was already married to someone else. So, for whatever reason, she probably didn't get divorced. We know from Mirror Image that Al still married Beth.[/quote]