Prayers for Mom, please

So far so good. She's going in for a course on what's going to happen in about two weeks.

The doctors are confident about this and we'll see how it goes. She'll be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital but I'm sure they'd give Mom something.

I hope that this time, whatever they have to do works. But I hope that you have a very nice and special Thanksgiving with her when that time comes, Errowyn. :)

Thanks. :) Right now it's all one day at a time.

Mom will be out for Christmas at her parents' house so Dad and I will be there.

Haven't been very active for a bit... I wish for this to go as smoothly as possible and that you guys get to enjoy a great Christmans :)

On Tuesday Mom goes in for the briefing. The doctor says the actual transplant and recovery aren't as bad as chemo which is a good thing.

From now on for treatment Mom has to get the radiation because the doctors don't think her system would be able to handle another round of chemo.

She got all the treatment and briefing stuff done. Someone had misplaced the paperwork so it had to be done all over again.

If all goes well her treatment begins early next month.

Mom's transplant has officially been done.

She said right now she feels okay though knows to prepare to feel like she's got the flu soon. I've been told the flu feeling can last anywhere from a week to a month depending from person to person. Yuck.

She should be released from the hospital in five days and then have to spend the next three months with her parents. If all goes well the graft will have taken over 60% of her marrow.

I'm very happy for you, that you could receive the Christmas gift of your mother's renewed health. I hope that you all have a very nice Christmas, Errowyn.

So far Mom's doing pretty much as expected. The doctors said the sick feelings can last anywhere from a week to about a month. The cells are starting to settle in so now it's down to the nitty gritty.

I was given an online gift certificate from one of my Dad's friends for Barnes and Noble. I thought about it for about half an hour wondering if I needed anything. Not knowing what to get for myself I knew Mom wanted the Susan Boyle CD so I went and got that for her.

I've been getting asked what I bought for myself. I shrugged and said, "I bought that Susan Boyle CD for my Mom because I knew she wanted it and I couldn't think of anything for myself."

Sometimes I wish I had a camera for the expressions I've been given. Sometimes I'm forced to wonder if people think folks of my generation are without selflessness. I couldn't think of anything for me so I thought it should do some good for someone else.

Sometimes I wish I had a camera for the expressions I've been given. Sometimes I'm forced to wonder if people think folks of my generation are without selflessness. I couldn't think of anything for me so I thought it should do some good for someone else.

Bah, you kids today and your selfishness. Back in my day, we had to travel through five of miles of snow when our ma and pa wanted us to go to the grocery store, and we liked it! Everyone before you young kids today was perfect! You and your Walkmen and your Beatles CDs, and them talkin' pictures, and your typewriters, and...

Seriously, though, I'm glad that she's doing better, and I think that was very thoughtful of you.

Bah, you kids today and your selfishness. Back in my day, we had to travel through five of miles of snow when our ma and pa wanted us to go to the grocery store, and we liked it! Everyone before you young kids today was perfect! You and your Walkmen and your Beatles CDs, and them talkin' pictures, and your typewriters, and...

Seriously, though, I'm glad that she's doing better, and I think that was very thoughtful of you.

**Snicker**

Mom's worn out but other than that she's doing okay. The doctors do blood tests twice a week and adjust her meds two to three times a week. They said the worst of it should be over in a week or two. Apparently it's quite common to feel like you've got the flu after a transplant. That I did not know.

She's starting to. There's no sign of rejection so the worst should be over by the end of January.

The doctors are adjusting her medications every couple of days to keep up but it's all working out.

Thank goodness for insurance! Mom's suffered heart failure during the treatment so she'll be on medications for the rest of her life. One of those bottles of medicine can run several hundred each. With the insurance we only pay $10 to $20.

When Dad first saw the number he thought someone made a typo and wanted to correct them so their books balanced. He was then informed that it wasn't a typo and that was the actual cost.

She's doing better.

Her counts were fairly high for a while there but they're starting to come down. One of the medications she's on can wreck havoc on the kidneys so it's blood testing every other day for her. Now that the count is going down they might reduce checking her blood to two to three days a week.

Physically she's doing a lot better though she's stressed out. Her parent's health is very poor, especially her father's so that's difficult.

Dad's spending as much time with her as he can to help out.

She's doing better.

Her counts were fairly high for a while there but they're starting to come down. One of the medications she's on can wreck havoc on the kidneys so it's blood testing every other day for her. Now that the count is going down they might reduce checking her blood to two to three days a week.

Physically she's doing a lot better though she's stressed out. Her parent's health is very poor, especially her father's so that's difficult.

Dad's spending as much time with her as he can to help out.

That's very important. She needs all the love and support from you and your family. I hope she gets out of that stress as soon as possible. Stress and her treatments are not a good combination at all. I wished I could say that I haven't experienced it, but I did, and it's very hard to assimilate that the only person you really loved is now gone forever.

Times like this, when a family member is diagnosed with something like cancer, and they follow certain treatment, are exactly the times when all the love that you feel for them comes out to the surface. Be with her, do not leave her alone. She needs to feel that you're there for her at any time, whether they're good or bad. This is the only time you'll have her. Enjoy every second of her company as much as you can, and she'll have a reason to fight against that bastard cancer. I hope she makes it and that she gets well. Help her any way you can. You never know what you have in a mother until you lose her, so do not commit that same mistake. You don't need that. Not that I'm saying that you are. I hope you aren't.

Mom said as far as she's concerned she's beating this illness.

When she can come home I plan on being around to help out and do things.