So where's the new series?

ziggycowan

Project QL Intern
Aug 28, 2005
glasgow, Scotland
Is there anything new

Been gone for a very long time from the boards, but searching through the usual sci fi news web pages, there doesnt seem to be much news..infact any..of this project going forward. Have i missed something...can you guys fill me in here.

Dont tell me to read the posts..cos they dont seem to have moved on any since the last time i was here.......someone must know something...pllleeeeaaasssseeee :bow .

I have nothing left to watch now.......dont like battlestar galactica......never got into stargate atlants.......stargate has changed too much...enterprise is cancelled :( , what am i to do now.

Frustrated Leaper

You know what I'm sick of waiting for a Bold Leap Forward! I'm starting to think that this is a ploy to get people to buy the DVDs that have been but together without any TLC.

I wish Donald Bellisario or Trey Callaway would come out and say either yes this is happening and we're filiming.... or we did write a script but it was turned down and now we are looking at other companys to develope this project. Or no this isn't happening at all it's all rumour.

Because this is starting to get ridiculus haven't the QL fans been messed around enough with the DVDs or don't they care about what the fans think.

electrictroy said:
What's wrong with the DVDs?

troy

Let's see...

1st season is good. Some would say near perfect (the opening credits to Play It Again Seymour are different than the rest but my memories tell me that they are correct - perhaps my memories aren't that good)

Season 2 & 3... Well, let's just say that Universal would rather put in cheesy elevator music in than to pay the royalties for all those great songs that DPB picked for the episodes. MIA is a FRIGHT! I used to cry every single time; but not with the DVD version!

So, I'd definitely get Season 1. Season 2 and 3... only get them if: a) you don't care about the music and/or its impact on the episode [there are some episodes where it is a crime and others where it is more of just a real disappointment] - and/or b) you just want to have the episodes you don't have from recording it off of NBC - like me (I have all the important episodes from NBC anyway, the ones where the music REALLY counts! Like MIA, Good Morning Peoria and Another Mother, just to name a few).

Other than those reasons... if you haven't seen all the episodes, watch late night SCI FI channel. It may be chopped up but at least the "feel" is still there on the important scenes.

Kat

I can forgive some eps are out of order, I can forgive some of the music changes but they destroyed the entire feeling of the episode MIA episode I can only hope they see sense and have that music in Mirror Image when that is released. But we could also see entire season boxset come out (Season 1 - 5) when they release then individually and it could be completely restored to it's glory. Or is this the optimist in me speaking?

Maybe I am just don't get what you all are talking about. But I really enjoy them I have Season One-three. I was only a kid when they were aired on NBC. Then in high school as reruns on Si-Fi channel. I can say that I truly Love QL and am sorry I don't know what your sorry about. What I am not understanding is why NBC or who ever would want to talk about form the real thing. I see other boxsets and they are in thier origanal form. I wounder if they are trying to save money? or do they think we'll not pay, as I read someone else say.

I like to find the times of the reaire dates of QL. Could anyone help me find shuch a place? Thank Julie

jmellissa said:
Maybe I am just don't get what you all are talking about. But I really enjoy them I have Season One-three. I was only a kid when they were aired on NBC. Then in high school as reruns on Si-Fi channel. I can say that I truly Love QL and am sorry I don't know what your sorry about. What I am not understanding is why NBC or who ever would want to talk about form the real thing. I see other boxsets and they are in thier origanal form. I wounder if they are trying to save money? or do they think we'll not pay, as I read someone else say.

I like to find the times of the reaire dates of QL. Could anyone help me find shuch a place? Thank Julie

They re-air episodes of Quantum Leap every night on the Sci-Fi Channel at 1:00 AM, Central Time. Hope this helps!

Sometimes when scripts are written in this case for M.I.A. the writer has a set soundtrack for certain scenes and the music plays almost a vital part in the scene very much like the actors who are also involved and when this is changed it changes the feel of the episode. Thats what I'm trying to get across here, I have been a fan of the show since it started in 1989 and to this day it still one of my favourite tv shows to ever grace the tv. I will keep buying the boxsets because it's better then having nothing at all.

jmellissa said:
Maybe I am just don't get what you all are talking about. But I really enjoy them I have Season One-three.
It's a TIME TRAVEL SHOW. How can you have an episode in the 1980's without any 1980's music?

Basically, the short version is:

Dean Stockwell said at Dragon*Con that there's never been anything but rumors to the idea of a new QL telefilm or series. But Deborah Pratt said that Trey Calloway was working on a script, which according to recent info was shelved indefinitely.

Fortunately, we have all the fanfic writers here keeping QL alive in our hearts and minds.

Is the movie on or off?

I've heard mixed things, all semi "official" (some from IMDB, some from various other sources)...does anybody actually have anything solid? Like, info from maybe Universal (who I wouldn't trust to walk my dog, by the way) or perhaps Don himself? It's difficult to buy the idea that it was "never happening" since it was on IMDB in the first place. Anybody got anything?

A lot of us have been asking the same questions you have, The Last Dinosaur. There are multiple threads addressing the same question in this very section. There is also a sticky thread with this topic, too.

Basically, the short answer is that Don, Dean, Scott and Sci-Fi want to do it, but Don's current schedule with NCIS is taking up his time. And if Scott is in it, he probably won't have a very big role, but that's unconfirmed.

There was a script written by Trey Callaway, which has recently been scrapped for not being "up to par." As far as I know, the project is back to the drawing board and nothing is going on. I also wouldn't recommend relying on the IMDb.

IMDB has proven unreliable for things in the past (for example, they say that The Talisman, a Steven King movie, has been released when in fact it has gone back to the drawing board).

In any case, I was really looking forward to seeing A Bold Leap Forward. Seems we'll have to wait a little longer, or mayber forever. What a bummer.

QL Nut said:
Basically, the short answer is that Don, Dean, Scott and Sci-Fi want to do it, but Don's current schedule with NCIS is taking up his time. And if Scott is in it, he probably won't have a very big role, but that's unconfirmed.

Now I'm torn. I want to see A Bold Leap Forward be made, but if it means that DPB stop working on NCIS (which is my current favorite show of all time), I don't know...maybe DPB could go back to NCIS after BLF was done. I want NCIS to go on for a long time (like JAG-wise) but I dunno if I could stand waiting for 10 years ya know? Ack, I ramble when I'm tired.

Plus, now that Enterprise has been cancelled, must to my dismay, Scott has an open, free schedule to have a bigger part that he might have had. I wish his part would be a fairly sized part. Like I've said earlier, they should have the movie cut to a number of "meanwhile, this is what Sam is doing" scenes in between Al/Sammy Jo scenes. It'd be perfect. Plus, as I've said before, I don't think it should be Sammy Jo either.

Samantha Beckett