Quantum leap a leap into time

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Short leaps

A leap into time

Sam finds himself traveling through time and as he is leaping and being surrounded in blue light and feeling like he is flying across time like a speeding bullet he could see images of all his past leaps floating around him in the void like floating memories and spirits of the past he could see, just for him only to see and to enjoy it was like his own personal cinema he was amazed of how many lives he had improved for the better over the last 5 years of traveling through time and how many people he had saved even when he was traveling through time he throught to himself still like he had done once before how much could he achieve before God, time or fate let him go off the hook as so to speak. How much could he actually achieve? In doing good and putting right what once went wrong.

He throught it was a bit pointless seeing all of these moments floating around him like bubbles because when he finally landed into his new host he would forget everything about this anyway this moment would disappear like rain against a window pane but he didn't want to question the big man upstairs.

At that moment of reflection Sam could feel that it was close and like always Sam quantum leaped.....

In a wave of blue light Sam landed in his new host and new personna and after all the blue energy had faded away he looked at himself in the car rear view mirror he was just greatful he wasn't a woman. And he smiled at himself in the mirror It wasn't because Sam hated women he didn't he loved women like the next man he just didn't like walking around in high heels. Sam found himself in the driving sit and he was driving in a car heading down a freeway and from what he could see he was just a ordinary person on his way to work.

Meanwhile project quantum leap 1999

Al was walking down the corridor of the project wearing his usual clothes and while he was walking he took the hand link out of his pocket and tapped the little device in his hand and the device lit up like a Christmas tree with the red, blue and green lights flashing on and off in a certain way in front of him all over the device.

Al said to ziggy as he was tapping into the device with the device making all of its usual noises "have you located Sam yet zig?"

Within seconds the device displayed the data he wanted and he read it to himself silently with interest.

"what do you mean you're not found him yet?"al says out loud looking not so pleased with the situation.

AL hits the device and it goans and he continues to say

"you useless pile of gummy bears"

AL walks into the main control room of the project he puts the hand link back into his jacket pocket and he taps the blue colored shape on the time machine a blue beem of light hits ziggy and she replys

"hello admiral did you miss me?"

Al looking over worked and feeling like he had way to much to drink from the night before and trying to nurse and cope with a hang over from the night before he slowly walks over to the center of the room he looks up at ziggy and says

"how long is it going to take you to lock onto Sam zig?"

The big blue ball above AL replys

"try me again in 48 hours"

AL not looking too pleased says in reply

"ziggy? Come on now"

"Dr beckett has just leaped it can take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours or more to pin point his exact location in time......... Stand by........ Please stand by."

Suddenly ziggy attention changes as if she has just been feed new information on Sam where abouts....

AL takes out one of his cegars out of his jacket rips the plastic wrapper off with his teeth and while he waits for ziggy he puts the cegar into mouth and lights it and slowly he blows on to it the cegar burns red at the tip and he blows out smoke rings.

Suddenly blue quantum leap energy bursts and comes out of the Time machine and hits ziggy.

With concern Al says to ziggy

"what's going on?"

Ziggy replys

"Sam's leaping! I can now calculate with 97.4 per cent accuracy where ever Sam has found himself into time Sam has just failed his mission and he has leapeded out!"

AL looks to the imaging chamber door and says out loud "oh boy!"

End of part 1

Short leaps

A leap into time

Part 2

Al shouts at the head programmer "power up the imaging chamber now!

He nods and replys

"yes admiral"

The leaping cycle finishes and al says to ziggy

"is Sam in the same place and time as before or somewhere completely new?"

Ziggy replys

"its highly likely that Dr beckett will be close to where he failed in his last leap so that he can indeed correct the mistake he was sent there to fix it would be unlikely that due to Dr Beckett failure in his recent leap he will be sent to somewhere completely new."

The head programmer shouts

"I have a lock"

"OK am going in"

Al takes the hand link out of his pocket and starts tapping into the device and taps into the device quickly.

Al walks up the ramp

And ziggy says to al

"admiral you need to be aware that Sam has only a short space of time to achieve his mission on this leap"

"how long?"

"I am still processing the data but he may have less than 20 minutes"

"20 minutes?"

"yes admiral 19 minutes and 42 seconds left, 19 minutes and 30 seconds left."

Ziggy continues to count down behind al.

"I've got to see Sam, now"

Al taps the hand link and the imaging chamber doors opens he runs through the door and sees Sam straight away

After a few more taps on the hand link the white door closes behind al.

Sam turns to al and says

"AL where where you?"

"sorry Sam we have big problems this time Sam big problems?"

Sam looking like a police officer finds himself working on a desert road and his police Partner is talking to someone they have just pulled over for speeding.

Sam looks at AL in concern and continues to say

"where am I and who am I?"

"we don't have time for that Sam"

"what do you mean we don't have time?"

"according to ziggy what you here for this time has to be fixed in less then 18 minutes from now otherwise you will fail your mission again"

"OK so why am I here al?"

"we don't know that yet it's we're still running the program but it's the 1 January 1999 and you have leaped into Peter davison a police officer near New Mexico desert .... Sam this is fantastic you are near the project not far actually so you have leaped 7 months into my past that's very close Sam very close. "

" do you think I will leap all the way home after this leap al? "

" I hope so Sam I truly hope so buddy "

" so why am I here you still haven't told me why? "

"ziggy still processing the data it shouldn't be too long now"

"OK go back and try and speed things up with her can you"

Al looking nervous looking at the read out on the hand link

"we don't have time for that now what ever you are here to do we need to fix it fast now, right here right now."

Suddenly a car drives towards Sam at high speed al

"shouts get out of the way Sam now!"

Sam trys to move out of the way but it's too late the car hits Sam at the very moment of impact blue light covers him from head to toe and Sam

Quantum leaps........

End of part 2

Short leaps

A leap into time

Part 3

Al is stood all alone in the now all white room of the imaging chamber.

Al looks at the hand link and taps into it like mad and shouts to anyone who is listening.

"is Sam OK? Did he survive?"

After a short wait the head programmer

Replys

"yes Sam's fine we have a lock on his location"

Al says without thinking

"center me on Sam now!"

Within a blink of a eye al sees Sam driving down a free way and looking like al is just sat next to Sam he says

"thank goodness you're alive"

"AL.... I know it was a close one al I've leaped back into the first person I leaped into AL originally."

Al very quickly reads the hand link and says in front of him.

"sam we got the time wrong it's not 18 minutes you only have less then 15 minutes to put the mistake right"

"15 minutes! What if that's not anuff time?"

"OK so what am I here to do al please tell me"

Al quickly says to Sam while reading from the hand link.

"I think I've got it Sam stop the car now Sam Stop now."

With complete trust Sam pulls the car over and stops on the hard shoulder of the free way and Sam says

"what is it al?"

"OK in the original history Alex macqueen the person you are now was just driving his car normally to work when suddenly he lost control of his vehicle due to his wheels giving out and because you where driving at high speed you killed police officer Peter davison and caused a major car accident that killed other drivers including your self.

By stopping now Sam you've saved Alex macqueen, Peter davison and the other drivers that Alex crashed into in the original history.

So all you need to do now is to get this car toed away and don't drive it until it's completely repaired at the garage.

Sam stops the car and gets out of the car and calls the road side services and not long the car is towed away.

Sam and al stands on the hard shoulder waiting for there replacement car to arrive when al says "that's it Sam you prevented a serious car accident."

"So why haven't I leaped?"

Al hits the hand link and says to Sam

"interesting Sam ziggy says there is a 98.9 per cent certainly that ziggy says you have to decide if you want to carry on leaping around in time or if you're ready to go home. You need to decide carry on leaping or go home"

Sam looks at al with interest and says

" AL I want to go home so much but if there are still mistakes out there in time I can't go back not yet anyway not yet not until all the wrong is put right. "

Sam looks up at the sky from the freeway and says out loud

" I'll keep going for now thank you "

And in that moment Sam is covered in a brilliant blue light and Sam quantum leaps into time.

After the light fades away Sam finds himself in a street fight he is hit right in the face and falls down on the street laying on his back in pain and the stranger looking over Sam says

"I don't want you or your art anywhere near here again OK have you got that
Vincent?"

Sam nursing himself slowly comes round and says

"Vincent?"

The stranger laughs saying

"have you losted your memory your
Vincent van Gogh."

"Vincent van Gogh? Oh boy!"

The end