Spellings of names...

MikeKraken

Project QL Intern
Dec 20, 2002
Canada
mikekraken.canadianwebs.com
Sorry, I know, this is my third post in a row... but, these new bios have me all full of excitement and wonder! :eek

Anyway, I think we should discuss some of the name spellings. There is the eternal controversy of both Donna's surname and Dr. Beeks's first name.

Perpend: Donna Eleese is the one that I was informed is in the "Quantum Leap A to Z" book, and thus would be the standard spelling. Though, many people also spell it Elesee. I personally don't care either way (I use the first spelling), but if anybody has that book, can they check?

I suppose this also applies to Dr. Beeks... Verbina, Verbena, Virbina, Verbeena... which is correct? <LOL> I've seen all four, and apparently the latter two appeared on the official QL scripts for "Shock Theater" and "The Leap Back". (If anybody knows for sure, once again...) I personally have used Verbina for quite some time...

Now, I'm not saying to you, Brian, to go and change the bios or anything... I'm just bringing this up as a topic of discussion, and hope to see some official, canon QL sources to settle the debate. <G> (Well, I guess I'm debating with myself... :b :rolleyes :x )

... Mike. ^_^

www.sethargabright.com/qleap/cutting.htm

This is a site that I saw long ago and, thanks to search engines, found it once again! The script called her Virbina...

As for the alternate "Killin' Time" script, I love that! It explains how Styles got the gun and everything. ^_^ Plus, I love the inclusion of Dr. Beeks actually talking in "The Leap Back".

I guess that brings up another debatable name... Gooshie vs. Gushie. Oh, and then there's Zoey... or Zo?... or Zoe... I believe that Zoey was the spelling in the show as well. :\ ;) :| >D

... Mike. ^_^

Good points to discuss. I took the names directly from the A to Z book.

Elesee is the spelling in there as well as Verbena and Gooshie.

I have seen the names spelled otherwise as well, but decided to go with the book. However, there are mistakes in that book. For instance, the clearance number for Sam is not correct.