POTC 3: At World's End

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
Oh My Gosh...if you have not seen this movie yet get your booty to the movies pronto!!!! It was sooooooooooooo good!!!!!

PotC: At World's End....OMG!!

This movie is.....O..M..G!! FANTASTIC!! Captain Jack is fantastic as always, and Orlando Bloom absolutely rocks as Will Turner! :hurray:

I sooo agree with Jennie, if you haven't seen it yet, I've only one question to ask: What on Earth are you waiting for?! Hie thee hence to the nearest theater playing it...immediately (if not sooner!)

Eleiece

Aye, the movie is wonderful! I went to the midnight showing, and it was a phenomenal movie experience!

And don't forget to stay for the credits--there's a scene after they finish, and it's fairly important!!!

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Yeah I went to see it with some mates last thursday, armed with about a tonne of popcorn and obscene amounts of fizzy drinks.

I have to say it's an excellent film, a vast improvement over the complete abomination that was the slow and hulking beast of Dead Man's Chest - too long, not enough Captain Jack (The reason I watch the films) and although Bill Nighy's good, he can't carry a film.

In review: 9/10, ace film and now I can't wait for the rumoured Captain Jack spin-off!!! :)

In answer to 'what was I waiting for' - I hadn't seen number two "Dead Man's Chest" for many reasons that I won't bother going into.

Hired it on DVD yesterday and watched last night, so Robert and I went to "World's End" today. AND we waited for the post credits scene.

Enjoyed every minute.

OH and Jennie?

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
You are marrying a sailor - hope your wedding is a little more conventional than Will and Elizabeth's! :lol

leaper1 said:
In answer to 'what was I waiting for' - I hadn't seen number two "Dead Man's Chest" for many reasons that I won't bother going into.

Hired it on DVD yesterday and watched last night, so Robert and I went to "World's End" today. AND we waited for the post credits scene.

Enjoyed every minute.

OH and Jennie?

You are marrying a sailor - hope your wedding is a little more conventional than Will and Elizabeth's! :lol

:roflol:
What a wedding video that would make, eh?
:roflol:

So I have to ask--who else caught the homage to the ride after the ship went over the falls?

I thought the post credits scene was so charming and sweet. A few friends have expressed interest in a PotC 4, but I don't think there will be. They've said from the beginning there was going to be 3. I hadn't heard of a Captain Jack spinoff. Is this true?

McDuck said:
So I have to ask--who else caught the homage to the ride after the ship went over the falls?

Oh yes I did. I love the ride! Heard they are changing it to fit the movie now?

As for a spinoff... there are rumors. Let's face it: the movie set a record for sales already. There will be more POTC in some form even if without witty Jack.

Oh, they already debuted the refurbished PotC ride last year when the second movie came out; it's got Jack Sparrow in three different places, and features Barbossa on the Wicked Wench and Davey Jones at one point (not sure on that one).

Oh, there'll definitely be another movie. Bruckheimer's up for it, Verbinski might be, Depp's said he'll do as many as they want him to do even if it gets to movie 10... Depp, however, will only do it if Ted and Terry come back to write, so it's all down to if T&T can come up with another great script...

AWE's not going to make as much as DMC did domestically, but it's probably going to make it to $1b worldwide, so just for the two sequels, over $2b has been/will be made worldwide. Even though the movies cost something like $700m to make (that's both budgets together), Disney still has managed to come out WAAAAY in the black, especially after you add to that $2b box-office the money from DVDs, toys, tie-ins, etc.

There's no way Disney won't do another movie, unless Depp refuses (which would mainly be on grounds of the quality of the script; schedule conflicts would only make a dent into when Disney can make the movie).

So, I'm quite excited... I hope they go with the obvious setup from the end of AWE--sounds like tons of fun!

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Davy Jones is on a screen of mist shortly before the waterfall drop in the ride. And the new animatronics....Captain Jack you'd SWEAR was a real person!!!!!

(I had the privilege of riding the new WDW PotC ride in December. It's AWESOME! They didn't change the ride drastically, which this purist was very happy about.) :D Also, somewhere online is a video of Johnny Depp riding the DL version.