Quantum Leap Emmy award on Ebay!!!

Avilos

Project QL Intern
Nov 22, 2008
Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMMY-AWARD-TV-Academy-Make-Up-1990-1991-Quantum-Leap_W0QQitemZ200334341918QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200334341918&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Its for Makeup in The Leap Home Part I.

Anyone have $10, 000?????? :hair

I thought it was illegal to sell these types of awards. I know it is for the Oscars. The Academy has a legal clause that you have to offer your statue to them to buy back for a token price of $1 if you want to get rid of it.

Not sure how it is with the Emmys.

Still its very cool to see pictures of the statue.

He originally had it listed at 15K the first time he listed it. Then he changed it to 10K. I guess he's relisted it ---- good luck :)

It says that the recipient, Douglas Kelly, passed away. Maybe whoever is selling it doesn't know that there are restrictions against auctions?

At this point, they should probably donate it to a museum and take the tax deduction.

ETA: Found an article about an Emmy being sold and in it, it says:

Selling old Emmy awards is frowned upon by the industry and the sale of awards bestowed after 1977 is banned, according to the regulations of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, the organization that gives them out.
NY Post Article: http://www.nypost.com/seven/12282007/tv/dan_emmy_gets_2_5g_in_ebay_sale_23353.htm

No, eBay doesn't allow listing of illegal items but if they don't know and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences doesn't know it's being sold, it can fly under the radar. I'm hoping a simple email to the Academy will solve the problem.

The listing now says that the auction ended. It doesn't say how it ended (sold/no bids/halted), so it's a moot point for now.

I think, gauging from what I saw on when I clicked on the link in the first post of the thread, that he didn't end up getting any bids for. If he insists on selling it, then he may have to start really low, and wait for a fight to come.