A new Theory and FAQL correction

S

Spykius

I thought i might add a new angle on Sam leaping himself, i recently read a brief script that apparently was the alternate ending(Tho how true that is I do Not Know), i got there from a link on Al's place, now in that it says Al leaps to the Bar, now this alone doesnt support any of the proposed explanations for the leaps except that PQL was invented purely to help people by Sam and therefore he leaps around helping people in need, because thats what he wanted when he first stepped into the accelerator, Al leaps to the Bar because its what he wants to do when he steps into the accelerator.
I was just reading the FAQL and it stated that it wasnt known if Al would stay with PQL after "MI" well maybe it's just me but in honeymoon express predominatly but bits in nearly every other ep, History changes but both Al and Sam remember the orginal Outcome, therefore in Sam being lost in time, and Al being "Connected to Him they're both out the loop.
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

Welcome to our board!

That's true... Sam and Al usually do remember the original history except when Sam's swiss-cheesed memory takes effect! Don has said in interviews that Al would definately be still at the project no matter what happened with him and Beth.

As far as the Mirror Image alternate ending, I think Al lept to the bar to find Sam and then lept again to try and bring his friend home. This took him to the future (which was an NBC suggestion) but I think that the future depicted there was another version of Al's Place and would have continued the Mirror Image episode to a satisfying ending if there had been a sixth season.

I am almost done transcribing the script for Mirror Image, so you can see there are two variations on the ending that we never got to see. I'll have it posted tonight in the Scripts section (which can be found under the Media & More link on the main page).

Always great to have a new member with great views on QL!

Thanks man, I've watched QL for as long as i remember, (well since about 1991) and i would happily cut out all other TV, even though i'm a big Sci-Fi fan, in fact I'm currently working on a Short QL story with a bit of a twist, Coming from the uk i know very few people who understand what Quantum Leap is about, I've been reading your site for about 3 weeks, havent had a chance to look at the VS part yet, but i'm gonna, I'd just like to say your site is ace it has everything.
So anyways to stop my babbling, i love QL, currently becoming addicted all over again and loving it, so i figure i'll be around for a while.

Welcome to the board Spykius.

There are probably more of us British fans out there than you realise.
I am from Bedford, and we have Sue in Nottingham, and Ruthie (is it Blackpool Ruthie, my memory gone swiss cheesed again) and although she doesn't post here much we have Emma in Northampton who has interviewed Scott more than once!
Then there's Dermy in Ireland, so not all fans are Americans by a long way.
What part of the UK are you from?
Hope to hear more from you soon,
Welcome again!

I'm from Manchester, well bolton to be specific. I know a few leap fans but its a rarity to find someone who can see past it being a "cool show" and actually understand the whole point, it explains so many things but still leaves you with a chance to theorize on the truth. Anyways i stand corrected there are lots of QL fans in the UK, and thanks you guys have made me feel welcome, I think I'm gonna be on here quite a bit.

oh and Bartender dude, (as ive heard people call you) thanks for taking the time out and getting that script i really enjoyed reading the whole thing, I'll have to check but it seems like there are bits all the way through that were cut or just not filmed in the final episode, anyways I will be making lots of people visit the site just out of principle.