Brits Urgent

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Price drop TV is about to feature QL dvds - the 27 disk complete box set.

They've just sold 2 seasons of Grange Hill for £1.50, so they could go cheap!

Auction closes at 18.21 local time. It says they have 75 in stock.

Starting price is £100 but it comes down and everyone pays the lowest price.

http://www.price-drop.tv/HomePage.aspx

The only catch is they charge a standard £7.99 p +p, but if it goes cheap enough it will still be a bargain.

Last edited:
leaper1 said:
Price drop TV is about to feature QL dvds - the 27 disk complete box set.

They've just sold 2 seasons of Grange Hill for £1.50, so they could go cheap!

Auction closes at 18.21 local time. It says they have 75 in stock.

Starting price is £100 but it comes down and everyone pays the lowest price.

http://www.price-drop.tv/HomePage.aspx

The only catch is they charge a standard £7.99 p +p, but if it goes cheap enough it will still be a bargain.

If you bid are you obligated to buy even if it's too expensive?

ETA: Ah well, doesn't matter anyway. My card won't work as the billing address is in the states. Auction over now anyway.

Actually no it isn't, they are running 30 mins behind and haven't started yet.

If you bid you are obligated to buy, but online at least I think you can specify the maximum price you are prepared to pay.

I'm waiting to see what happens, and crossing my fingers I can get it for a bargain price.

The auction doesn't seem to be happening atm, so I've placed a maximum bid online. I'll let you guys know if I get anywhere. Hubby has said if I get it for the price I bid (or less) at he'll buy it for me for Xmas!

If you place a bid rather than stating a price to buy, you only get it if the price you bid is more than the final price, so you can't end up paying more.
Does also mean though that if it goes for more you miss out.

If I get it, I'll let you know what I ended up paying.

Good luck to you! I hate that I can't use my card online over here with a lot of UK merchants. USA wasn't even on their list of countries when I tried to register!

I put in a bid too, but i did do it after it had finshed but it never said it was finshed. (If that makes sense) And i havent heard anything. So who knows???

We kept the channel on for quite a while and it didn't feature. It just suddenly disappeared from the webpage.

I think the most likely thing is that they shelved it for the moment because they were running so late. Very rude of them.

The same item is listed for 17th Oct at 19.58, although it says only 2 free. Current price is £72.85 at time of writing.
They'll probably combine the two.

Either they'll put them in with this lot on the 17th, or else maybe they stuck it on late at night, and didn't come low enough for me or sparky to be winning bidders. I'll wait til the 18th before I do anything else.

Details of the 17th sale have disappeared now too.

Listed at the moment is a sale of 120 copies on the 18th closing at 14.29.

I may put a bid in, but not yet. Inclined to wait and see if it actually airs, though that is not a good time on a Sat for us to be stuck in front of the tv.