Greetings from Seattle and looking for help already

NotTina

Project QL Intern
Apr 12, 2012
Hi there! I'm a brand new member from Seattle, WA.

I'm actually hoping someone can help me find an episode (I used to have a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of QL, but that has apparently gone away over time).

Is there an episode where Sam finds himself at a lunch counter of some sort and happily orders a crazy amount of food? The man waiting on him has a curly moustache and is surprised by the order, and Al may be in the scene as well. Pretty sure Sam is in man clothes.

Oddly enough, when you do a Google search for QL Lunch counter, all you get is "Color of Truth." That's not what I'm looking for.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks! Glad to be here!

Welcome to our community, NotTina! We're glad to have you with us!

Unfortunately, I can't think of any episode other than "Color of Truth" that starts the way you describe. But maybe someone more experienced can help you.

In the meantime, make yourself comfortable and have a look around. Don't be shy about posting your thoughts, either. :D

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

I can't think of an episode with such a scene either - though must confess it has been quite a while since I've seen most of them.

The only other 'lunch counter' scenes I can recall are in "Memphis Melody" the Elvis episode when Scott ends up standing on the counter/table to sing and 'The Leap Back' when it is Al who is the leaper.
This one is closer to the scenario you describe, as Al, in the guise of the returning hero, is treated to a slap-up breakfast, and offered sugar but asks for 'sweet and low' which of course hadn't been invented.

Thanks for the help. "Memphis Melody" looks distinctly possible. The scene in question doesn't necessarily happen at the start of the episode. In fact, with Al already there, it almost has to be a little ways in.

I'd forgotten how much I liked "The Leap Back." Which is weird, considering how QL was my favorite series when it was on. Why haven't I bought DVDs yet? What's WRONG with me? :)

All right, off to find Memphis Melody stills/clips. Thanks!

When you said Sam was ordering copious amounts of food of food I immediately thought of season 5 episode 12 "A tale of two sweeties".Marty the bigamist.I like this episode.

When you said Sam was ordering copious amounts of food of food I immediately thought of season 5 episode 12 "A tale of two sweeties".Marty the bigamist.I like this episode.

Huh, that's also possible, although I can't find any screen caps to confirm that. The wardrobe from "Memphis Melody" is close to what I remember, although it's been a while since I've seen the scene I'm thinking of, too. It's official; I have to borrow some season 5 DVDs and check it out.

I can't think of an episode like this. Could you be remembering a commercial? Try the one here, three rows down on the right - Wednesday night commercial. No food, but memories sometimes play tricks on me!

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/videolibrary/commercials.htm

No, that's not it either (seriously '90s, though, wow!). There was definitely a background-not just the blue. The words I'm thinking of may not be accurate. At this point, "lunch counter" (or soda fountain, etc) is the more salient point. So far the one that looks most likely is "memphis melody." I really appreciate the suggestions!