Cool Ziggy Lights on handlink app for iphone!

Al_Calavicci

Project QL Intern
Apr 19, 2009
Has anyone else seen the Ziggy Lights-on application for the iphone?
It turns your iphone screen into a replica of Al's handlink,it flashes and beeps when you touch it and even squawks when you hit the side with your hand!
Its not as good as having a real Quantum Leap handlink,but still pretty cool,and a bargain to download at 99cents!

I want an i phone too but because I'm a student I won't get a plan...
*sniff*...

My sister has an iPhone, I didn't want one until just now :p Too bad it's only an AT&T thing, I have Verizon.

Did you read the disclaimer at the end of the product description?

This application will not turn you into a hologram, you will not be able to walk through solid objects while using it. You have been warned.

No reason to get an iphone now, lol

lol, that's funny!

Anyone know if any Verizon phones can get a similar application? Everytime something cool comes out, it's always from the other company.

Now I actually find myself wishing that I had an iPhone! It's a shame I don't talk to people enough to need one, or even a phone plan in general (I have a TracFone, on which I talk an average of 5-10 minutes a month).

I've thought about "naming" my PDA Ziggy. Not very original though!

Sorry, you're right, Jassian. Handy is a german word. :lol So I hope it will be available for other mobile phones sometimes, too. ;)

I've heard the German teacher use the word "Handy" in class, but she never said what it was, so I thought it could have been a cognate for "handy" in the English sense. Thanks for clearing that up, Jassian.

No probs. i never quite found out while they marketed them as handy's if they wanted to use and english word, why not mobile? Oh well. It gives people something to chat about :)

Edit: perhaps Handy is easier to say for a german: "Haendi" while mobile is "Mohubahil" (with un sounded h-es)

Did you read the disclaimer at the end of the product description?

This application will not turn you into a hologram, you will not be able to walk through solid objects while using it. You have been warned.

No reason to get an iphone now, lol

I wish I would have read the disclaimer before trying to walk through the vault door at the bank!

lol, that's funny!

Anyone know if any Verizon phones can get a similar application? Everytime something cool comes out, it's always from the other company.

Right now the app is only available for the iphone as far as I know,but I am sure it eventually will find its way onto other phones.

I only knew what "Handy" meant last year when I was watching the show "QI". :D

:D I only learnt that non-Germans didn't know what it meant after I left the country .

Well I guess you can get away with a lot if you explained you thought you were a hologram :nut :lol:roflmao:
You may have to dodge the guys in white holding the straight jacket though. Except, if they're holograms.. then you can walk straight through... hmmm Maybe not worth investigating until further notice.

I just had my sister download the application, it was only $1. The noises aren't quite the same, but they'll do. I heard the iTouch can download applications, so I may get that :)

I've had this a while and I love it :)
Even though I've got stuck on level 41, it doesn't matter, I just like bashing Ziggy (yeah i see i'm not original with that!) on the side so she squawks. Fun times.
Although sometimes, when the app opens, it's just a plain white screen which is annoying.
I got Ziggy a new case the other day... I've been looking for one closest resembling the handlink but with no luck... I may have to design one and get it made when I have money. Anyway, the case she has now is multicoloured squares - not bad.

ha ha.. i was thinking about that! But i don't have an iphone. Im verizon as well. I thought "man it would be nice if i just had an iphone long enough to measure the size of it and make a case thats made out of acrylic (not as big as the actual handlink) that lights up to put the iphone inside of.. That would be cool to have all the sounds and the look!! lol.. Right now i can build a full size replica with sound effects but there not touch sensitive like the iphone or anything. I mean, you actually have to press an analog button lol... oh well, still a cool concept though.

I've had this a while and I love it :)
Even though I've got stuck on level 41, it doesn't matter, I just like bashing Ziggy (yeah i see i'm not original with that!) on the side so she squawks. Fun times.
Although sometimes, when the app opens, it's just a plain white screen which is annoying.
I got Ziggy a new case the other day... I've been looking for one closest resembling the handlink but with no luck... I may have to design one and get it made when I have money. Anyway, the case she has now is multicoloured squares - not bad.

ha ha.. i was thinking about that! But i don't have an iphone. Im verizon as well. I thought "man it would be nice if i just had an iphone long enough to measure the size of it and make a case thats made out of acrylic (not as big as the actual handlink) that lights up to put the iphone inside of.. That would be cool to have all the sounds and the look!! lol.. Right now i can build a full size replica with sound effects but there not touch sensitive like the iphone or anything. I mean, you actually have to press an analog button lol... oh well, still a cool concept though.

:O analog - talk about time travel! haha... yeah that case would be awesome :)

Yesterday my husband bought an IPhone. :eek Can't wait to get the app with the handlink. I think we'll download it at the weekend. He's no fan of QL but it's okay for him, when I use the handlink sometimes on his phone. :)